ATX Community

Federal Attachments for State in Print Menu

Chowdahead

Anyone here know how to disable the "Federal Attachments for State" in the Print Dialog Box? It shows up under Client Copies which makes no sense. Why does a client need a second copy of their federal return for their records? Makes no sense?

I went into the Print setting and looked under all of the Statement and Worksheet options and I cannot find anyway to disable "Federal Attachments for State" from printing. This is like an extra 12-20 pages every single return if I forget to uncheck it while printing. Then I just end up shredding it.

This is not good for the paper and toner budget. :wall:

I actually am beginning to like the new print feature....when it does not cause the program to shut down (which it does if I click too fast). It has been a learning experience, but as long as I remember to uncheck all of the needless forms, and make sure it is defaulting to the correct printer, I can learn to like it. It would be nice if you could globally "uncheck" the Federal attachments for State....that is a lot of wasted toner and paper if you forget to uncheck that.

Another example of ATX not really understanding what its clients want/need.

You only need them for PAPER RETURNS, but for those most states do want copies of the federal forms.

Exactly, but I only file 1 or 2 paper returns an entire tax season. The rest are all e-filed.

So why do the the Client Copies need to automatically include the Federal Attachments for State when there is already a Federal return in the packet?

I have actually found this helpful for my many clients that have local/city tax returns....Most cities around here require Page 1 of the 1040 and any Schedules C, E to be included with the city return (mail only, no local e-file). In the past, I would need to do a seperate print job for these extra copies...Now I can check them in the "Fed Attachments for State" area

Other than the overall slowness and annoying tendancy to stop working and shut down, I'm actually starting to like this program....darn it....I just getting into full ATX bashing mode.

• Like 1

Well, I have used that for paper state returns, and use it quite often for my same sex couples, since they need a copy of the federal proforma used to create the joint CA return. It's easier to use 'fed copy for state'.

So it's not like it's not useful. I'm just used to having to check the box when needed, rather than uncheck when not.

• Like 1

I don't know the answer but I hope someone gives us one soon. I, too, am tired of wasting paper and toner when I forget to uncheck the box. And like you, Janitor Bob, there are some features of the new program that are growing on me. I just wish it wasn't so slow sometimes. I ran out of small talk topics while waiting for a return to print yesterday.....1 page every 3 minutes or so. Aaarrgghhh!