ATX Community

Minnesota efiling

Jim K

Are there other Minnesota preparers getting frustrated with waiting for state efiling to be approved? The release date has been changed 3 times already. This is the same problem we faced several years ago before William Tasker gave us his promise that things would improve the next season, and they did for the past 3 or 4 years. Thank you, William! Now, we're back at the end of the line once again. How about some total honesty from ATX so we can tell our clients the truth.

I have learned to not plan any Minnesota e-filing before Feb 1, but even that looks a bit shaky this year. I have sent several e-mails to tech support asking them for a REAL date...all I get back are the form letters stating they will follow up in 24-48 hours, and to check the knowledgebase! On the MN DOR site ATX is listed as not even testing at this time...Could be a long year. Keep me posted on your search for a new reasonable software for next year. I do about 100 returns and can't afford the "big" packages.

Hello to all you fellow frustrated Minnesota preparers. I just checked the MN Revenue site and found the "Not Testing" note also. This has me really steamed now! After putting the date back so many times, then to find out that it hasn't even reached testing? I too remember sitting at the end of the line a few years back and being promised that we wouldn't have to go through this again. Anyone have any ideas as to who to contact at CCH? My email sent yesterday has not been answered as of yet and I really don't have the time to sit on hold.

Here's the reply I just received to an email sent yesterday:

Good Morning Laura,

I do apologize but we are still testing with the state of MN. Some of the MN forms are available for download but not all of them. We had a scheduled release date for the efiling of MN as today but as of this morning we are still testing. Again I do apologize for your inconvenience and we will release this state just as soon as possible.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-800-638-8291.

Your incident number is 4668293.

Tip Of The Day: We have a new login procedure for the MYATX website. If at any time you need to reset your password, click on the need help link from the login screen, click forgot password and then click reset.

Thank you for using ATX,

Denise Payne

Customer Service Level 3/Email Team, ATX

CCH, Small Firms Services

6 Mathis Drive

Rome, GA 30165

phone- 800-638-8291

fax-888-815-7587

[email protected]

I just got off the phone with customer service. I only waited about 10 minutes! before I talked to Andy. He said the most recent status update of MN efiling was "IN TESTING". This was the status as of 10 am Eastern time. I might add that he was very sympathetic when I had to "yell at him". I did also message William Tasker through this community. I haven't heard back from him, but will share any news with you here.

Yesterday I had an email reply from ATX tech support that reads: "We are in the process of posting acknowledgements for Minnesota, you may e-file when ready". Obviously, that wasn't true. Tech support is sadly lacking this year. Looks like Minnesota and Hawaii are the last 2 states still waiting. I'd rather be in Hawaii right now than here in the frozen tundra. ATX owes us big-time for making us wait so long - last year my first acks from MN came back on Jan. 16. If ATX is still in business next season, they will have to do a lot better. Why can't they give us any reason for this unreasonable delay?

I am also very upset about MN e-filing. Approximately a week ago I spoke with Justine at the Mn E-filing center and she informed me they had not even started to test. I am also having problems with receiving acks for my 941's. Tech support is not very good this year. It is really frustrating when you do not know who to call.

Frustration is an understatement on MN e-file, last year I was receiving acks as early as 1-24. Granted we are able to file the Federal and get one refund going, but now when we finally get approved (Feb 1 is long gone), we have to go back into each and every one of the returns that are still waiting for the MN e-file, gear them up and send. My list of "pending" is growing, I don't know about yours, but eventually it will take an entire day in Feb just to catch up all the MN returns. What really stinks is looking at the list of approved programs for e-filing on the MN Revenue website shows majority were approved back in Dec of '07. Helloooooooooooo ATX!!!!