ATX Community

ProSeries Solicitation

Yardley CPA

I received an email from ProSeries with a solicitation that indicates "Restore Order to Your Tax Season." I'm attaching a copy for you to see. It's obvious ProSeries is also hearing of all the ATX issues and I'm sure they have gained many clients as a result.

I'm not looking to jinx myself, but I've experinced no issues at all. With the exception of returns taking slightly longer to open (opening in about 15 seconds), my rollovers, entering on returns and efiles have all gone smoothly. Printing has not been an issue either. I'm not sure why I haven't experienced the problems but wanted you to know my experience to date.

Good luck and I hope all the issues are behind you soon.

post-692-0-44085800-1360358167_thumb.jpg

I am still having a rollover problem of them not showing up in the returns manager untill I exit and renter. Same problem if I create an efile it does not show up in efile manager untill I exit and reenter. All this closing and reentering is starting to disturb me. Anyone else with same problem?

I am searching for Plan B. I notice on the ProSeries site, the program is described as being appropriate for "simple 1040's". What does that even mean? Is that a function of the number of schedules, the number of entries on a particular schedule, the absence of certain schedules? Can somebody who has used the software give me the criteria for a non-simple 1040?

I switched to ProSeries Jan 31st. Scary but glad I did! I wouln't get caught up in their verbiage about "simple" returns. The software does everything for 1040s. I'm at the point where I'm am faster now with ProSeries than I was with ATX. There is virtually no lag when clicking something, saving, printing, or opening/closing returns. It's quite easy to use also once you catch on to the format. I particularly like how it error checks as you go rather than one final error check with ATx thats like rolling the dice. I got the Professional package (I forget which one) - cost about $1400 including the network module. Does everyting and more than my $2000+ program at ATX. Funny how it ended up being cheaper than ATX! Price is important to me but not my top priority. I didn't want to trust my livilihood to a no-name or startup company with no history (see TRX posts).

• Like 1

I switched to ProSeries Jan 31st. Scary but glad I did! I wouln't get caught up in their verbiage about "simple" returns. The software does everything for 1040s. I'm at the point where I'm am faster now with ProSeries than I was with ATX. There is virtually no lag when clicking something, saving, printing, or opening/closing returns. It's quite easy to use also once you catch on to the format. I particularly like how it error checks as you go rather than one final error check with ATx thats like rolling the dice. I got the Professional package (I forget which one) - cost about $1400 including the network module. Does everyting and more than my $2000+ program at ATX. Funny how it ended up being cheaper than ATX! Price is important to me but not my top priority. I didn't want to trust my livilihood to a no-name or startup company with no history (see TRX posts).

Thanks for the info. Can you estimate how long it took you "catch on to the format," and was it vastly different than ATX? Forms entry, right? (And not pretend forms entry, lol.) Did bank numbers (for client direct deposit) convert for you? Are you working faster than ATX2011?