ATX Community

Version 12.8 ROFLMAO!!!!

Jack from Ohio

Downloaded the file from the site. Closed down all workstations, computers completely off. Installed the update file on the server.

NOTHING CHANGED!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! PROGRAM STILL CRASHES AT RANDOM OR ANYTIME TRYING TO CREATE E-FILE.

I have done every step talked about and more. Called sales and demanded to speak to someone who could get me proseries fx. The salesperson told me a supervisor would need to call me. That has been 3 hours ago.

I am calling other companies now.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, and I am a blithering idiot.

CCH as a company SUCKS. ATX and the development team have been gutted to the point that ATX is no longer a viable product for a network or anyone over 500 clients.

I saved everything I could, then downloaded the update from the site. No crashes, can rollover, can open, can print, and there is no longer a delay in switching forms. The only remaining problems for me are that it takes 4 - 5 minutes to open a return (9 - 11 minutes for a return that has not been opened before); and that I have gone into print preferences and unchecked worksheets, etc because I like to do that myself, and when I go to print something it is still unpredictable what pages I get. I tell it not to print the client copy of the 8879 because they already have one, but I get it and a planner and sometimes error messages, etc. Not consistent from one client to the next.

I guess if these are the two remaining issues I have it's not bad...can cruise FaceBook while waiting for return to open, and just need to buy a heavier duty shredder! However, that is not to say that I feel completely ripped off by CCH and this long time user will be using the off season to demo other software for next year...I am done with this company.

I print to print preview first, just to check. I've also found that even if you uncheck the 'save selections' it still tends to print whatever was in the previous print.. For example, if I print the client copy first, no matter what I've checked or unchecked for the preparer copy still prints in the client copy. UNLESS I check & uncheck the preparer copy then check it again. This seems to clear up whatever gets stuck in the print manager.