ATX Community

This Whole Time, Boxes Won't Stay Checked

RitaB

Well, my new computer got here. Ordered an HP on Jan 30 with the specs recommended by Jack: quad four processor, SSD, Win 7 Pro, 8 GB RAM. I am able to do quite a bit better. It still crashes some, looks like I get one shot at creating an e-file. I have figured that out and just shut the return and reopen to keep from gettin the smack down. I feel a little more in control that way. (Not really.) Anyhow, boxes are staying checked. Hallelujer, as Madea says. No kiddin, that was taking sooooo much time. So, I have returns on two computers, and will try to slide my chair back and forth and beat the system anyway I can. Lordy, I am tired, as I know all of you are. Crap, I just rolled my chair over my foot.

Well, my new computer got here. Ordered an HP on Jan 30 with the specs recommended by Jack: quad four processor, SSD, Win 7 Pro, 8 GB RAM. I am able to do quite a bit better. It still crashes some, looks like I get one shot at creating an e-file. I have figured that out and just shut the return and reopen to keep from gettin the smack down. I feel a little more in control that way. (Not really.) Anyhow, boxes are staying checked. Hallelujer, as Madea says. No kiddin, that was taking sooooo much time. So, I have returns on two computers, and will try to slide my chair back and forth and beat the system anyway I can. Lordy, I am tired, as I know all of you are. Crap, I just rolled over my foot.

Oh, and I forgot to report, I installed 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and was able to restore returns to three out of four years. Guess which year I couldn't restore a backup to? And, when I opened a big return in 2011, it took less than 30 seconds. I opened the same return in 2012, one minute in, I say to the IT guy helping, who keeps saying the new computer is going to change my life, "It is taking longer, see?" He says, "Well, we didn't really time it." Five minutes later, still loading, he FINALLY admits, "Yeah, your software has a problem." Gets out his little phone calculator, "If you have to wait five minutes to load, on 400 returns, that's 33 hours of wasted time."

Hellur???? That's what I've been telling you, dude. The new computer IS helping, but I'm not exactly driving the bus, it's more like a stunt woman riding a plank between two speeding buses, but I am getting good at barely getting by now. LOL. This program is more like a disabled Carnival Cruise ship than a bus. I look at it like I bought a cruise, but I'm getting a camping trip.

• Like 2

The box is actually checked but just not visible. Click any other part of the form (white space) and it will display. it's a bug in the program.

This has been my experience.

Oh, so this program has bugs? Bahahahahahahaha, just kidding, I love you all!

All I know is the EIC disappears everytime that x disappears, so yeah, not cool, ATX. If only EIC WOULD really disappear, right? As in forever.

Is this happening to anyone besides me? It is torture! My shoulder is killing me. Think there is a 12.StickTheLanding coming up?

Rita,

This also happened to me numerous times and as a safeguard, I have begun writing both Federal and State refunds/amounts owed prior to closing a return. Also after creating e-files, I make sure the refund/owed amounts are the same as my handwritten notes prior to creating the e-files.

What I found with this program, unlike prior years, is a check mark in a box will unmark if the check mark is the last task performed on that form prior to going to another form.

I hope I'm being a little bit clearer than mud....just trying to say that once a box is checked and it's time to move to another form, be sure and click somewhere else on the form so that you will see a blue background behind that check mark rather than the yellow background that appears in that box after it has been checked prior to clicking on the form in another location.....yep, clear as mud!

Thank goodness I caught the fact that one of my client's refunds appeared smaller than I thought they were prior to e-filing them. I wasn't writing the refunds in my notes for comparison but quickly realized I needed to.

Another glitch that hopefully will be corrected soon.

Take care,

Cathy