ATX Community

Anyone else still experience long wait times to print or open returns?

ETax847

It takes a while for the print selection to load but the actual printing is fine.

average 5 minutes to open return some times as long as 7 minutes.

I see no reason to open multiple returns that can get you in trouble. I never have more than one return open on my desk either.

I have resorted to putting small throw blanket over my desk if I'm working on a large return and someone comes in with a small addition to their return.

I'm using an older XP SP3 with only 2 Gig of RAM as a standalone. I waited until after 12.9, before I downloaded the program for the first time because, since I'm a monthly writeup, payroll, & business tax practice, I don't normally start preparing tax returns until about the 20th of February. I can truthfully say that my program opening time is only a bit slower than last year. The client rollover has been fine with one exception. Opening a return for the first time takes about 4 times longer than last year. Then I save the return. When I reopen the return, it takes maybe 10 to 15 seconds longer than last year. When I print, the loading of the print manager takes 2 or 3 times longer than last year, but the actual printing is happening just as fast as the printer can go.

I attribute my lack of problems to having a very clean system, minimal stuff running in the background, plus in past years I did

not customize anything so my rollovers are very clean. I think anyone who who has been struggling with this program for weeks

has accumulated corrupted program files, corrupted forms, and corrupted client files. If you have uninstalled and reinstalled,

doing the uninstall through Windows can leave a lot of crud behind waiting to mess up your reinstallation. There have been several posters that have used third party uninstallers so that they can get the cleanest uninstall possible, and as a result had successful reinstalls. I am not saying this program is running well and I am not saying the program doesn't have a lot of bugs.

What I am saying is that the program in the right environment is useable, just somewhat slower than last year. My comments

only applies to standalone XP systems since that is what I am running. There are a number of posters on the ATX Board

running similar sytems to mine with similar results.