ATX Community

Replacement SSA-1099

Margaret CPA in OH

99 year old client moved in October and didn't notify SSA (okay, I manage her affairs and I forgot). How easy/hard is it to get a duplicate form? The fomer assisted living place usually forwards the handful of mail that came but missed this, I guess. Thanks and please don't judge harshly my failure until you have moved a 99 year old. It ain't easy covering all the bases!

Margaret you're being too hard on yourself. Anyone can overlook anything but Lion is correct, contact them for a new form. It should be pretty straight forward if you can determine the amount she received. The medicare B premiums can be found doing a google search or take the figure from another client. Not sure about the Medicare C & D though. Either way, good luck and lighten up on yourself a bit.

That's a great idea, Jim OH Bkkr. She has a companion caregiver that takes her on errands and lunch so this could be an outing. I will provide her statement from 2011 and her passport for id. Do you think she would need her birth certificate? I have a copy in the safe deposit box.

Meanwhile, I think I will also pursue the mailing option just in case. Obviously if there is a long wait, she won't be able to hang around. And I can get a good guess from the other data mentioned by Terry in case I have to extend.

Thanks all!

Honestly, I don't know. Most times I call the client, tell them what I need (and how to get it), and they show up in an hour (or the next day) with the print-out. But I'm in a small area, where everyone knows everyone!

I've seen mail requests take forever, and be so quick that I wouldn't have believed it possible. (No consistency!)

Jim