ATX Community

Status "receive acks" in E-file manager

Dan

In my E-File Manager under the status heading it says receive acks instead of transmitted or accepted-Why? I have never seen this before. I have looked in the instructions and I can't find the answer. Before when I clicked on receive acks it would either stay as transmitted or changed to accepted. I have never seen receive acks in the status of the return before. Is there a work around for this?

In my E-File Manager under the status heading it says receive acks instead of transmitted or accepted-Why? I have never seen this before. I have looked in the instructions and I can't find the answer. Before when I clicked on receive acks it would either stay as transmitted or changed to accepted. I have never seen receive acks in the status of the return before. Is there a work around for this?

This happened to me on a return that included Fee Collect. I clicked on the receive acks icon, let it do its thing, and then if I remember correctly the return moved to the proper state to allow for e-filing. Next time I process a Fee Collect return I will keep an eye out to see if I can capture the steps.

It means that the process of transmitting or receiving acks for that client, the e-file has become corrupted.

Delete the e-files tagged that way, recreate the e-file and submit again. Nothing else works, trust me. Had to delete over 30 of them for the same reason.

It is yet another ATX2012 glitch/bug/defect.

Jack, did you call the State where the efile was sent to find out if they had received it before you sent the State return again? It seems the State has the return. Receive acks still shows as the status in my E-file Manager.

In 2006-2008 I have a page that showed terms used in the Status-column of the e-file manager as such: Created, held, transmitted to EFC, duplicated, held at EFC, Validated by EFC, Transmitted to Agency, Ack Requested, Retransmitting, IRS Cleared, Rejected by EFC, Rejected by Agency, Action Required, Conditional, Accepted. Nothing here on receive ack.

The Client's State return is now accepted. I did not do anything except wait some more. I guess it was ok to have "receive acks" as a term in the Status Column of the E-file Manager. Now the term in the column is "accepted." I am going to look in the Knowledge Base and see if there is anything in regard to this.