ATX Community

Check Received

Terry D EA

I find this hard to believe but it is sitting on my desk. I received a check today from TRX for the cost of the software that I thought I purchased (Red Gear) last spring minus the shipping. While this in no way pays for all of the aggrevation and lost business, I'll take it!!. Maybe the folks at TRX are finally going to come through and have a heart after all. The envelope is post marked on Mar 9th which is the day of the meeting with the TN BBB for TRX to offer a resolution to all of the complaints. Thank you TRX!

I wonder if this is a bit strange though the company the check is drawn on is "Over The Top Technologies" with a differenct address 626 Cason Lane in Murfressboro but with the same phone number. Hmmmm!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had time to ship the software back so it is in the box under my desk and if they want it they can have it. Taxed, I think you know I tried to be as cordial with this as I could. Doug hasn't communicated with me since Januray 29th and like others failed to answer any e-mails. I believe in giving a fair chance which I believe we all did. I did take the oppotunity to make my opinion known in my last attempt to request a refund. I have been researching how to file a small claims out of state, written the BBB and began a complaint with the AG. So, maybe somewhere along the way, a kind word helped. I just hope that Doug realized what the software was and finally admitted it. Admitting failure is no small task for anyone. While I am not saying that I would ever try his software again, as a person though, I genuinely forgive him and I hope that somewhere he recovers from this and becomes successful.

<<<<<<Let's see if the check clears before we start the party.>>>>>>

This was my initial thought so I ran to the bank with the check. If the check would not clear, now that would be double disaster for Doug and his crew. I certainly he is above this and I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. My bank found nothing wrong with the check but did required a two day hold so we'll go from there.

I hope the rest of you receive a check for what you spent as well. Remember in my original post, I said this was post marked on Mar 9 which was last Friday. it got here awful quick so check your mail box each day as delivery times can be different. I don't think I received any special treatment here and I certainly hope that was not the case. This resolution should be the same for everyone who was a victim. Mind you, there were no notes, no apologies, no explantions at all in the envelope just the check and I forgot to see who signed it. May have been karen Bills but not sure. Right now, I don't care I am just glad I got it and now I can put the mess behind me. Again, I hope the same comes to all of you.

I just requested a refund for the umpteenth time since last June. Based on the experience many of you have had I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm grateful that Doug/TRX is finally doing the right thing.

I feel reasonably sure they did not intend to field a non-functional product. Like most of you, I had high hopes for their home-grown offering. Alas, it just didn't happen. For what it's worth, I hope they continue developing it and that it eventually becomes a solid product that makes them a ton of money. It just isn't there yet.

I dont share the feeling.

Oh...I don't think they intended to have "a bad product". What would be in it for them?

But, on the other hand, I think they have lost 99% of their client base. Even people who stayed with them probably wouldn't go back. I know I wouldn't, even if they offered me a free decade of software.

Doug's going to have to start from scratch, with a new company name.

>>>>>>>>Doug's going to have to start from scratch, with a new company name.<<<<<<<<<

I think that has already happened. if you look at my original post, the check was drawn against '" Over The Top Technologies"

Well the name is certainly appropriate.

Guest Taxed

Over The Top Technologies? Google does not come up with a US company with that name. Could it be a fictious company just to keep the payer's name out of the news?? There is a british company with that name. I doubt it is the same company.

Very interesting!

Where is my check???

Here is what I know at this time. I don't really give a $%#@ if this is a real company, if it even exists, if it is a cover up or anything else TRX may have morphed into. All I know is the check has apparently cleared the bank as it has been deposited over a week ago. Good for me and a few others but sad for the rest if they still don't come thru. Why only a few of us have received a check is beyond me. Just lucky I guess. I certainly hope you get what is due you.