ATX Community

Check Received

Terry D EA

Guest Taxed

I believe Over the top technologies LLC has a website but when you go there it errors out. The Google search comes back now to Murfreesboro TN and it says home of Yonderworks and TaxExact. So I am guessing that TRX has now morphed into this new company and the new product they may be launching is Yonderworks.

If i remember correctly that was advertised I think in 2010 when i first got involved with TRX, I hope we were not guinea pigs for Yonderworks that will be their new homegrown brew!. I have a feeling that the TRX and TaxExact brand name has been destroyed for good by their actions this year.

I wonder if Doug is out of the reselling business? I know Taxwise has a bunch of resellers that frequent this board.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yonderworks is their software development side out on the West Coast.

They did the work that supposedly turned TaxExact into a working product. [/snicker]

They were at one point pushing an online only product. Good luck with that.

I remember last summer I looked them up and noticed a few people who were advertising on LinkedIn that they had worked there previously. I don't know if Doug bought them, I'm guessing he merged forces with them. A merger of a tech company with his distribution channel?

They have a website and most of the pages don't even work. Seriously, a tech company that can't even operate its own website properly.

When I looked up Over the Top it said the company was founded 6 months ago. Don't have a clue what it is about.

I agree with you. TaxExact and TRX will likely be gone as name plates. If you were oblivious to what we just went through and did a search of TaxExact or TRX, you'd never buy from them. They must rebrand everything under a different name IMO. I can't imagine how it is possible they'll survive though.

On another board I saw that someone said most of the states still don't work properly on 1040 and corporate returns. I downloaded a recent update but didn't try working with it to see how it works.

Guest Taxed

Folks on this board will remember TRX and the characters associated with that company for a log time. But taxpreparers who do not frequent this board are most likely to get trapped with another "brand" launched by the new company or its associates. I think a good rule of thumb before you signup for another software is to google search and see what comes up. Just try doing that under ATX or TRX and see the stuff it digs up!!

Folks on this board will remember TRX and the characters associated with that company for a log time. But taxpreparers who do not frequent this board are most likely to get trapped with another "brand" launched by the new company or its associates. I think a good rule of thumb before you signup for another software is to google search and see what comes up. Just try doing that under ATX or TRX and see the stuff it digs up!!

Agreed, but you have to remember that ATX and Taxworks had/have serious issues with their software as well for year 2012. At least, getting a refund from them was a lot easier, but their customers have gone through a lot of hell also.

I've requested a refund dozens of times dating back to last June. In the past month or so I emailed Doug and someone else (whose name I got from this forum but I can't remember at the moment). So far I haven't even received an acknowledgment much less a check. I'm happy for those of you who did, but I have this sick feeling I never will.

I've requested a refund dozens of times dating back to last June. In the past month or so I emailed Doug and someone else (whose name I got from this forum but I can't remember at the moment). So far I haven't even received an acknowledgment much less a check. I'm happy for those of you who did, but I have this sick feeling I never will.

Did you complain to the TN BBB?

Guest Taxed

They will never have my business again, not even for free would I use their software

I wonder where TRX is going to get revenue for next year. All those existing users who were burnt this year better not pay again in the hope of getting a early discount for next year hoping the software will be fixed by then??? I think they will change their name and location and peddle some other software.

I didn't think I'd get one either. email again and cc the BBB. Remind them of how often you have requested a refund and that you requested on last June

<<<<<<<<I think they will change their name and location and peddle some other software.>>>>>>>

You may be right but I am one that will do extensive research on any company to find it's background if possible. Where TRX gets their revenue from I don't know or care, but anyone who buys anything from them without research or testing would be foolish. Everyone makes mistakes but the old theory comes thru here. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me, burn me three times, well I guess there isn't a nice term for this but it is proven you can't fix stupid.

Not yet. I've been a bit busy of late ;) . Will probably go that route after April 15.

Call Zack at 615-971-7363. He's the manager at TRX who issues the checks. As long as you didn't use the software, you'll get a refund. I'm sure they can see your efile activity.

If he refuses (he likely wont), threaten to file a small claims lawsuit in your local county courts. He'll pay.

Guest Taxed

Complain to Nashville BBB. I think the contact person is Tim Sneed? I think BBB has a better hance to get you your refund.

Small claims will not scare TRX they have been through this many times. In America there is no debtor's prison. A class action that will put them out of business may work but i don't see any hungry attorney's taking the cause.

I filed a small claims court case and the day Zack received notice, he called to notify me a check was on the way. (I did this right before Terry posted she had received her check)

I filed on Tuesday, he called on Thursday, the check was dated Friday and I had it cashed at the bank on the next Wednesday. If TRX would have refused to pay after our court ruling, I had legal authority to garnish their bank accounts.

What authority do you think the BBB has over anyone?

Call Zack at 615-971-7363. He's the manager at TRX who issues the checks. As long as you didn't use the software, you'll get a refund. I'm sure they can see your efile activity.

If he refuses (he likely wont), threaten to file a small claims lawsuit in your local county courts. He'll pay.

I just called that number--got a message saying the phone number is incorrect. Are you sure that's the right number?

(I did this right before Terry posted she had received her check)

I hope you can see by my picture that I am not female. Anyway, no offense taken, but I didn't return the software and I did use it, but not to file any returns. They have not asked for it back either. Doesn't matter really cause what can they do with a defective product?

Guest Taxed

I filed a small claims court case and the day Zack received notice, he called to notify me a check was on the way. (I did this right before Terry posted she had received her check)

I filed on Tuesday, he called on Thursday, the check was dated Friday and I had it cashed at the bank on the next Wednesday. If TRX would have refused to pay after our court ruling, I had legal authority to garnish their bank accounts.

What authority do you think the BBB has over anyone?

What did it cost you to file a small claims case against TRX and did you file in in their jurisdiction or in your state?

True BBB does not have any authority, but the news clip said that TRX promised to send refunds to all who filed with BBB. I believe others who filed with BBB or TN AG's office received some refund.

Sorry Terry.

I just called that number--got a message saying the phone number is incorrect. Are you sure that's the right number?

(855) 880-1040

+1 855 880 1040 Ext. 5261 is his extension per the TRX website.

[email protected] per the website. Good luck.

Try that number? Zach Benefield is his name. The check was actually issued by another company.

Cost $27 including overnight shipping of the forms to TRX. I said to threaten it if he doesn't voluntarily give a refund - it'll work. Why do people think you have to go to the court in Nashville to file? Go to the small claims court in the county where you purchased the software (your office or home). It has jurisdiction.

http://www.bbb.org/nashville/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/trx-software-development-in-murfreesboro-tn-37017600

<<<Why do people think you have to go to the court in Nashville>>> Cause most state laws state that you have to file the small claims action in the State where the defendent lives. I know here in NC it is that way as I was in the process of pursuing the small claims option. Now, I am not a lawyer and could have missed this completely. But it didn't seem like a good option to me.

Sorry Terry.

(855) 880-1040

+1 855 880 1040 Ext. 5261 is his extension per the TRX website.

[email protected] per the website. Good luck.

Try that number? Zach Benefield is his name. The check was actually issued by another company.

Cost $27 including overnight shipping of the forms to TRX. I said to threaten it if he doesn't voluntarily give a refund - it'll work. Why do people think you have to go to the court in Nashville to file? Go to the small claims court in the county where you purchased the software (your office or home). It has jurisdiction.

http://www.bbb.org/nashville/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/trx-software-development-in-murfreesboro-tn-37017600

I previously emailed Zach but got no response. I tried calling the toll free number on Tuesday (4/2). Was automatically put on hold. After almost 20 minutes I had to give up. I'll try again when I have some time.