ATX Community

Check Received

Terry D EA

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI for everyone. I went to my mailbox yesterday and got an envelope from TRX. My initial thought was they had responded to my request for a refund, but I should have know better from these @#%holes. The idiots sent me a renewal notice. Just goes to show you how stupid Doug thinks we all are after going through this mess. I tried to be nice in requesting the refund, but getting this renewal in the mail just re-enforces my belief they are stupid & liars and makes me more determined to get a refund.

More BS statements in the renewal from Doug and they have updated their refund & renewal polices. Looks like more of the same for next year if you renew.

There may be some folks that had some success with the program. How, I don't know. Those would be the only renewal folks. What you got was a slap in the face from Doug & TRX. Now, I can understand Doug's attempts to rebuild his company, but going after the folks you alreaded pissed off???? I mean Really??

It would be like this, Taxpreparer - Hey i filed your tax return last year using some junk software and screwed it all up. I know it cost you money and lost of heart ache and I bailed on you and wouldn't answer the phone, but next year will be better cause I got a new software and I would be happy to file your return again. BTW- Sorry about that CP2000 notice. Client- Not only no but "HELL NO"

Guest Taxed

I think TRX will change name and location and push their cloud based system called Yonderworks (after changing name!). We were just beta testers for them this year.

My personal take is forget working with these kind of folks. No more third party resellers. Buy a reputable software and stick with it. Yes, cost is always and issue but... put a cost to the aggrevation caused this year. While I don't believe it was all deliberate, it still caused a level of aggrevation that you can't put a cost to.

Guest Taxed

Call Tim Sneed at the Nashville BBB. I thought TRX made an agreement with them that they will refund to those on their file, unless they ran out of money and TRX will file you know what and become "born again" under a new name.

• 3 weeks later...

I started having some hope of a refund when I read the posts on this thread, but now after 2 weeks of calling and sending emails with no response whatsoever, I'm wondering if I am just beating my head against the wall. Meanwhile I've gotten renewal notices by mail, email and phone, and I'm amazed that they can even think anyone would buy into it again.

I called Tim Sneed last week and filed a claim with the TN BBB. I emailed them back in Feb because I was having an issue with the online complaint file and they said they never received it. We will see how it goes.

Also my local Atty Gen would not take the complaint saying this is a business issue and they only handle consumer complaints. Strange since I ordered under my name. The TN BBB was also puzzled by this.

I too have received the emails, a letter and a post card to renew TRX... amazing. I wonder how many renewals they got? Im betting not many if any at all.

Drake got the job done, so at least my business was saved. It will go a lot better next year (just today I renewed Drake for next year) because now I'm familiar with the program. It was rather cumbersome, especially at first, because here I was in the thick of the early season rush trying to learn a whole new program. I would have liked to have time to practice on it WAY before the last week in January, that's for sure. One of the great things about Drake is that when I called tech support, MOST of the time they were right there available to help, with no waiting on the line for 40-50 minutes like I've grown accustomed to with TRX. There were a couple of times that the line was busy for a couple of hours and that had me a bit frustrated those times, but I eventually got through. One of the benefits was the forum where I could ask questions of seasoned Drake-users from all around the country, and that was very very helpful to me. So all in all, I'm happy with Drake and I don't foresee them going belly-up and leaving their customers in a lurch.

I decided early on that I couldn't use the inferior software put out by Hughes and company. My requests for refunds went unheeded by several personnel including Karen Bills (I think that's her name). I spoke to her once or twice but she was toeing the company line. No give. The most telling thing she said was: nothing. After going through the discussion about my expectations, my concerns, and my reuqest for a refund she asked what she could do for me. My response was to give me a refund. Her response was absolute silence. I asked if she was still there and she finally spoke up. I was put on hold and that was the end of the call. I still haven't given up on getting a refund.

I decided to try Drake's PPR which was the best solution at the time for me. It was rough at first but I got through filing season with very little setbacks. The conversion process from TRX's re-branded TaxWorks product was excellent. Customer service/tech support was excellent! Linda said it true when she said her wait time was next to nothing. I was pretty amazed when after a couple or three rings I had a live person on the other end who understood the problem and knew how to correct it. Only on one or two occasions did I have significant hold time (maybe 15 mins to 45 mins, or so)

I will use them again for the 2013 year. I think I'll go for the "early bird" Drake Unlimited.