ATX Community

E-file W-2 forms using ATX

Jack from Ohio

Go here http://www.ssa.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm?__utma=230172574.55178981.1361651239.1362147742.1363788383.6&__utmb=230172574.5.9.1363788415237&__utmc=230172574&__utmx=-&__utmz=230172574.1361651239.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=253808331

It's been 12 years since I first registered and it looks to be easier now. There is an option to register by telephone it seems. If I knew how to do a tinyurl I would but the site is Business Services Online for SSA. Hope it works!

Same here about processing, Jack. I have several clients plus my own W-2's. Using AccuWage is easy as is the uploading and confirmation. Much better than paper for sure! I think the 1099 and W-2 functionality in ATX is really good. I would, in fact, pay additional for it should that come about or if that is the only survivor (but I have had almost no trouble on a stand alone and really hope ATX can pull it out of the morass it is in now).

• Like 1

I just registered for the company I work at during the day and it was pretty simple. The upload from our accounting software package is outstanding. Took only a few seconds. Then two weeks later I got a letter from SSA. Thought I screwed it up. NOPE. Prior CFO did not file the 2011 W2's. Went back and uploaded those in a few seconds and it was taken care of.

Pretty Slick.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Yes the registration is very straight forward, but there are a couple of steps before uploading to SSA, contact me if you need help, I just did a couple so it's fresh in my head.

Same here about processing, Jack. I have several clients plus my own W-2's. Using AccuWage is easy as is the uploading and confirmation. Much better than paper for sure! I think the 1099 and W-2 functionality in ATX is really good. I would, in fact, pay additional for it should that come about or if that is the only survivor (but I have had almost no trouble on a stand alone and really hope ATX can pull it out of the morass it is in now).

I just successfully transmitted 23 W-2/3 forms for Fedaral and 17 for States. WOO HOO!!! Once you get all the little checkmarks in place, it is slick like goose grease!!! I will NEVER mail a W-3, 1096, 941, 943 or 944 again!!!

I get a printable acknowledgment for each file transmitted. Don't get no better!!!

• Like 2