ATX Community

Rant about the software - don't read if you are tired of this

BulldogTom

Is anyone else besides me sick and tired of clicking on that little green arrow only to find that it doesn't really take you to another field or form? Everywhere you go in the Sch. E, Passive activity loss pages and At risk pages, you click on the green arrow and go nowhere.

Was working on a return with several out of state rental properties for a CA resident. I thought I had it all tied out. When I e-filed, CA rejected. Took me forever to find the entry that I missed. But I kept clicking on the green arrows to get me to the associated forms and input sheets and they never took me there.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR at ATX.

BTW, it was a pretty simple adjustment that did not affect the return, just the CA adjustment that I thought I entered but missed on the CA 3801.

Rant over.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1

My rant is about the link feature.

In past years you could link any field you wanted to.

It was great on multiple state returns, you could link the tax on the NR to the field on the resident return, and if you made a change on the NR it would flow through.

I tried it this year and got a message that you could not link a calculated field. Duh why not. :spaz::wall:

The slowness is unbearable. Far more slow than in past years and it has always been slow. I think (just guessing) that the print menu is a major culprit in the mess. Going into the print menu affects the 4562. It's maddening. Especially if you have more than one depreciation activity. After going into print menu, funny things happen with the 4562 and statements.

I'm going to have more extensions this year because I can't get enough done.