ATX Community

New Error With The Software

ETax847

I downloaded the latest update thinking it would solve my printing issues. Instead, I am not able to open the software again and have the following error:

Session Summary Information:
Date/Time: 03/28/13 9:12:43 AM
ApplicationVersion: 12.12.319.1
CommandLine: "C:Program Files (x86)CCH Small Firm ServicesATX2012ATX2012.Loader.exe"
CurrentCultureName: en-US
CurrentUICultureName: en-US
DnsDomainName:
Duration: 00:00:55.8684870
HostName: Business-PC
MemoryMB: 8124
OSArchitecture: Amd64
OSCultureName: en-US
OSFullNameWithServicePack: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1
OSVersion: 6.1.7601
ProcessorCores: 8
RuntimeVersion: 4.0.30319.296
TerminalServer: False
System.AggregateException: A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at lambda_method(Closure )
at System.Linq.EnumerableExecutor`1.Execute()
at System.Linq.EnumerableQuery`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression)
at System.Linq.Queryable.First[TSource](IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.AppManifestUpdater.IsNewerManifestAvailable(String year, String type)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.PerformFormInformation(AppManifestUpdater appUpdater, IServerInfo serverInfo, IStoredItemDescriptor manifestInfo, DirectoryInfo manifestsFolder, IProgress`1 progress, UpdateResult& formsManifestUpdResult)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.PerformFormsNeedingUpdate(AppManifestUpdater appUpdater, IServerInfo serverInfo, IStoredItemDescriptor manifestInfo, DirectoryInfo manifestsFolder, IProgress`1 progress, IEnumerable`1& forms, CsvFormMasterMetadataRepository& formsManifest)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.AutomaticUpdateI(IProgress`1 updateProgress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, UpdateTypes types, Boolean checkOnly)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.<>c__DisplayClass8.<AutomaticUpdate>b__7()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InvokeFuture(Object futureAsObj)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at lambda_method(Closure )
at System.Linq.EnumerableExecutor`1.Execute()
at System.Linq.EnumerableQuery`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression)
at System.Linq.Queryable.First[TSource](IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.AppManifestUpdater.IsNewerManifestAvailable(String year, String type)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.PerformFormInformation(AppManifestUpdater appUpdater, IServerInfo serverInfo, IStoredItemDescriptor manifestInfo, DirectoryInfo manifestsFolder, IProgress`1 progress, UpdateResult& formsManifestUpdResult)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.PerformFormsNeedingUpdate(AppManifestUpdater appUpdater, IServerInfo serverInfo, IStoredItemDescriptor manifestInfo, DirectoryInfo manifestsFolder, IProgress`1 progress, IEnumerable`1& forms, CsvFormMasterMetadataRepository& formsManifest)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.AutomaticUpdateI(IProgress`1 updateProgress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, UpdateTypes types, Boolean checkOnly)
at Sfs.Runtime.Updating.UpdateFacilitator.<>c__DisplayClass8.<AutomaticUpdate>b__7()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InvokeFuture(Object futureAsObj)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

Any advice?

close & reboot your computer. Similar to something we saw yesterday. Like others are noticing, watch your task manager and the memory usage. On some of our computers, the usage grows the longer the program is open and the more clients worked on within a session. Check your preferences for how frequent you are saving a client file while working in it. We have ours set to every 5 minutes, but sometimes after a complicated entry, we immediately save.

After we close the program, we are also checking the task manager and noticing there is a large file called "atxloader" that does not immediately close. We are waiting until it winds down before rebooting our computers.

These could all be abbara cadabbara solutions. I really don't know or understand. It's just what we are doing.

That type of info is more useful for the programming staff. It is just capturing what happened when the program crashed. I have been emailing them to customer support.

How has that been working??

I have been waiting 4 full weeks on a promised return phone call from the development staff. I was even assigned a "bug" number in addition to my incident number to expedite the process.

How has that been working??

To be honest, I don't know how it works or if it helps. I just figured if they added an easy way to capture the information, sending it to them may help them to improve the product. It's certainly a lot easier than trying to read the Event Viewer to send that crash information along.