ATX Community

What do you say when an ATX sales rep calls you to renew early?

Mainetaxguy

Tax season is over.

You are relaxing. Another successful (you hope) season. Time to take a breather. Catch up on all the TV shows you recorded. Time to contact your love ones you have been ignoring for weeks. (I have a son? I have a daughter? I forgot!)

The phone rings. It's an ATX sales rep calling. He wants you to renew early.

What do you say?...........

I'll tell them I'm no longer an ATX user. But they can send me a full working version of 2012 (and 2013 when it's ready) if they like . I'll evaluate both of them - might even file a couple of extension returns using their software if time permits. And if they pass the test I'll consider ATX as my backup vendor if anything goes wrong with Drake in the future.

That's exactly the same thing I've been telling Drake and Taxslayer these past 8-10 years when I was using ATX. This past January I was sure glad I'd been doing that.

I have been developing that conversation in whats left of my mind. "I will renew & pay when I have a working copy installed and have done a shakedown cruise. Otherwise I will have to jump ship" Ship me the software (no download) and I will pay for it when it works. Unlike this year when the product did not work until the very last minute and cost us Thousands of dollars in revenue as well as days and hours of production. And CCh had my money for a whole year.

• Like 3

I'm going to do what I always do... tell them the truth. and The truth is:

CCH violated my trust.

CCH ruined my life for 3 solid months, and probably at least the next 9 months to come, probably 12 to 21 months.

[while I convert to different software].

CCH has irrevocably had a negative affect on every relationship I have, in my office, and in my life.

I am pissed as hell, and ATX is squarely to blame.

I am expecting ATX to send me their software for free, for at least 1 year.

ATX must be oblivious to the fact that 6 software companies have called me, questioning why I am staying with ATX.

These companies know ATX's business. Does ATX know their business ? Do they know their customers ?

Drake has been calling me repeatedly, but, this time, it's gonna be Me that's calling them...

I hope they've improved their data conversion.

-cg