ATX Community

Did anyone actually use TRX this year?

mrichman333

So I only filed two returns with TRX simple W-2 income only.

So I have a Sch. C client with 1099MISC from our home state NJ and some form NY, and DE

Also a w-2 with DE and PA and PHL. I didn’t think the PA return was correct so I decided to try it with TRX. WHAT CRAP OF A PROGRAM. I cannot get it to work at all.

I e-filed 9 returns with TRX. I had to immediately amend 2 of them due to program errors. Not a very good average. I did attempt to file 1 additional return that was rejected twice, also due to program errors.

I filed two on 02/05 and one still has not received their refund. It seems the EIC checklist was sent with the return even though the EIC was not

taken, the return was put on hold. Called the help desk and the rep. said she sent a request to have it re-processed; that was on 3/10 still no refund.

Seriously.....I tried to do some simple returns the week before 1/30. There were so many "errors" that I knew it would be impossible to get it right by the time filing started. I went to Tax Act on 1/27...and never opened TRX after that.

I remember trying an "EIC"...and there were these little red boxes....and you had to "trick the program"...or do something....to get the credit.

Sorry...but when I have to trick a program with something so basic...what happens with the "the not so common" .

If things don't work.....I don't use them.

One should know...when a company that has a 3 day refund policy...but you get the product in the mail so it arrives after 3 days....there's a reason.

(When I first used them they had a 3 day refund policy...and when I got the software it didn't include what I needed...and he would not refund...but he gave me something else...so it worked out. I don't remember the details.)

Guest Taxed

Friends now that we have learned a lesson the hard way remember the admonition. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

I will NOT deal with any company that has only a 3 day refund policy. When i pay my hard earned dollar I am going to be DEMANDING a full refund if the software does not perform as advertised. The refund policy will have to be given in writing before I hand over the credit card. No more pre-paying almost a year in advance to resellers.

Salespeople don't like me anymore because I ask too many questions on refund issues!

There is a return I need to put on extension. The 41 assets that were attached as Unreimbursed Partner Expenses did not convert to TaxWise. So, I figured I'd try it in TaxExact. Opened program & let it download update version 76. Not only did the conversion not bring in my 41 URE assets, it didn't bring in the PTP K1s (and their carryforward losses). I really haven't looked to see what else did or did not convert & didn't try to do anything else.

A couple of the fixes in version 76 had to do with Sch E line 19 -- expense on this line will now be e-filed & will no longer be deleted after recalculating. They also addressed a problem with print preview in the 1040EZ.

When I got the check and cashed it, I ran an uninstall of the software.

I'm just waiting for their sales rep to call me about renewing.......... :spaz:

Imagine having that job. I'm guessing if you didn't do an efile or received a refund, you are in the efile only pile. Who would subject an employee to that type of abuse?

When I got the check and cashed it, I ran an uninstall of the software.

Imagine having that job. I'm guessing if you didn't do an efile or received a refund, you are in the efile only pile. Who would subject an employee to that type of abuse?

I got a credit on my card. I applied for it on 1/27...and they didn't challenge. I also got a letter via the AG in TN that they were offering me a refund. I was very tempted to double dip, for all that "pain and suffering". (But I didn't.)

You know...on Friday 1/25...when I called with a long list of problems with a basic return, I told the rep..."Please...do not call me next year." And, she laughed.

I have kept it on my computer and updated. I had initially started my personal return, but after a time when the state programs were not working I purchased another program. I have kept going back to my personal return after each update. The only way I can make t work is to override a number of entries. The program does not work even today. I have asked for my refund, but have been turned down. They did offer next years program. Who would trust that? So I have begun the process with the TN AG and BBB. Early on I tried to compliment them on trying to get it to work, but either they were so incompetent that they could not work out the problems, or they just gave up on it themselves.

Update 76! :spaz:

How about the states.......still in limbo?

I'm just waiting for their sales rep to call me about renewing.......... :spaz:

I tried to do a return just to compare a calculation I was getting yesterday. The NJ return was there but the numbers still did not line up in the boxes...... 1,250 looks like 12.50 because of where it falls in the boxes. And I did let the program update before using it

I have kept it on my computer and updated. I had initially started my personal return, but after a time when the state programs were not working I purchased another program. I have kept going back to my personal return after each update. The only way I can make t work is to override a number of entries. The program does not work even today. I have asked for my refund, but have been turned down. They did offer next years program. Who would trust that? So I have begun the process with the TN AG and BBB. Early on I tried to compliment them on trying to get it to work, but either they were so incompetent that they could not work out the problems, or they just gave up on it themselves.

Yep BBB and TN AG. Look at the thread about getting a refund there are some email addresses in there. I cc the BBB every email. Let the AG know you are aware that the company has been issuing refunds and you do not understand why you were denied one. Include your account information.