ATX Community

Wow...and this is only 01/31/08

carolynm

Gosh I don't know what to do. Support seems to be non existent with ATX. I just looked up the refund policy 30 days..from shipping. But wait...they never actually shipped me my order. I got the "promo" mailout CD's as an incentive to renew...I finally broke down and renewed on 12/31. I had to call for my install codes a few weeks ago as they didn't send them nor did I get a receipt or anything.

I like the layout of ATX and demo'd several others. Ultratax is a little dear for me, I liked Taxwise but don't think I'll buy another CCH product. Drake has a loyal fan club but I can't use it - I just don't think the way it works. I am at a loss ...maybe Proseries?

I just don't think this is going to get any better as tax season progresses.

CArolyn

I agree with MJG CPA. Changing now is not an option for me. If you have your install codes and can work, you should be ok. Yes, they cut the Maine support and the Georgia people are TaxWise people so the support is not going to be good, and for who knows how long. But I like the ATX product. I try to avoid calling anybody's support. First try to figure it out, user guides, the knowledge base, this forum, etc. Calling is my last straw on any software.

I hope CCH doesn't drop ATX, but if they do, they do. I'll have to make a decision then.

I called support yesterday around 9:00 AM and got through in about 10 min. Spoke to a girl named Dianne, and was very shocked when she solved 2 problems for me very fast.

It will get better as time goes on, and I hope they do not abandon ATX, it is a lot better than TaxWise. I have tried both.

I did get locked out of the ATX program I called tech support last Saturday and they fixed it right up for me. I did have to hold 30 minutes and talk to two people first. The tech didn't know anything about taxes however. Didn't know the difference between efiling IRS and the State. I remember always have difficulty getting through in the beginning of the tax season. However, this year there does seem to be more of a disconnect. Nena