ATX Community

12.13 Proves It Wasn't the Hardware

Chowdahead

I recently updated to 12.13 and my software is finally running nearly as well as the 2011 program. Everything is phenomenally faster. Opening a return is almost instant as in 2011. Saving a return no longer takes 30 seconds ( a mere 3 secs). Closing a return is almost instant. Creating e-files is 1000% faster. Using the Return Manager no longer feels like moving through mollasses, pausing after every input into the search box. The program is no longer consuming 1-1.5 GB of resources.

I have gotten all of this performance increase, yet I didn't add a single piece of new hardware. Still running my Intel Core i3-2120 3.3Hhz processor with 3GB of RAM.

I know this had been bantered around quite a bit on this forum with people claiming that other users were experiencing such poor performance because they had inadequate hardware, despite exceeding the minimum specs required by ATX.

The only two areas where I am still seeing sluggish performance is in the Bank Manager and viewing acknowledgement history from within a return, but performance is still faster than previous versions.

I guess ATX finally decided to hire experienced programmers who know how to code a Windows program. Too bad it came too late after I spend countless additional hours at the office in Feb. and March, making less money, trying to battle and dig out of this tax season. :unsure:

• Like 1

We upgraded when it came out (12.13) and noticed an immediate increase in speed. Go from 35 MPH to 50 MPH seems fast at first, but not in 65 MPH speed zone when everyone else is passing you.

Problems with program crashing still persist. Many crashes creating efiles.

And as we added more clients to database, the program slowed down. It is nowhere up to par compared to 2011 ATX.

On my XP 2 GB machine, 7 minutes to open ATX from click to login. (I am not a primary user / inputer). I just support our network. On our Win 7 machines, about 1/2 that from click to open. Not very good 12.13 or not...

BTW, on the ATX company board it got great reviews. Why didn't you upgrade a month ago?

Just updated to 12.13. Stayed at 12.11 for a long time because it was working well for me.

On my 2 G XP standalone, the program takes about 90 seconds to open the first time each day.

During the day, when I close the program and reenter, the program opens in about 30 seconds.

Client time to open varies from 15 seconds to 60 seconds depending on how complex the return is.

After using 12.13 more today, the forms loading in the Print Manager is significantly faster

and the lag moving between entry fields is less.

ATX is not going to apologize. They are not going to offer big discounts. Their position is that it was a solid decision

to rewrite the program using the Raven Database and that the problems that some users had was due to firewalls, antivirus

programs etc, etc. So everyone will have to decide whether "more of the same" is good enough.

When my CS Rep from ATX called me she quoted the usual, 10% discount, at which time I said, 'no that is not good enough'. You have to ASK for whatever discount you need. Of course, the CS rep is not going to immediately agree to it (like working with a car salesman and their finance director); they will go back to their Supervisor, relay your request, get back to you, etc......

I received the 4/9 renewal reflecting the usual 10% discount. I am STILL WAITING for my CS rep to send me the email with the discount that was negotiated. She wanted me to pay right then and there, which I declined to do. I will wait until at least the discount deadline before I pay.

There is not way I/we are paying for ANYTHING untill September or October when we will know whether they have actually corrected the flaws or are just desparately trying to keep customers.

No more believing they anything they say, not matter how sweetly the sales rep says it.

I have my own database expert disecting the program and the issues. By September, I will know as much about how poorly the program is designed and whether the program can be fixed. No more taking the people who took our money last year and cost our company so much this tax season.

I have told my sales rep exactly the same thing. Waiting for her response from her supervisor.

Film at 11.