ATX Community

EA Renewal Cards - Anyone else not get one?

BulldogTom

I just realized that my new enrollment card did not arrive in the mail yet. I sent everything in back in Nov. Put my new address on the application and also sent a fax telling them my new address.

Anyone who had to renew in this cycle not get their card?

Tom

Hollister, CA

Called OPR this morning. Suprise suprise, I got an answering machine that said leave a message and we will call you back. Doesn't anyone with a government job work anymore. Tax returns still stuck from Jan e-files, applications submitted on the first day of the renewal period not processed. The IRS is just frikkin' lazy.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple phone calls, multiple e-mails. No response. Just get the answering machine at the OPR office. No response to daily e-mails asking for my new card.

I started cc'ing my congressman on my e-mail requests. Won't do any good.

I wonder if they are targeting conservative tax preparers now? Maybe I will get a 30 page questionaire asking about the political affiliations of my clients?

Tom

Hollister, CA

Ah then, therein lies just one benefit of membership in NAEA. off my soap box now!!!

I have a problem with NAEA and any of the EA societies. While I think they are good for the EA community, they don't promote the designation. I bet 1 in 10 Americans know what an EA is. I bet 10 in 10 Americans think that a CPA is always more knowledgeable about tax law. When I see real advertising and improvement in the perception of the EA designation, I will join. But the only way to protest the lack of community education is to vote with my lack of membership.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1

But, Tom, if you were a member you'd be in a position to advocate for them to do as you wish. As a non-member you have no say in how they spend their money.

Ah, but you are wrong. I would not have a say in how the money is spent at some national office that doesn't give a rats @$$ about what I think. And right now I have absolute say over how they spend my money, they don't spend a dime of it.

Tom

Hollister, CA