ATX Community

Are people paying full price for 2013 ATX?

ETax847

Just received my renewal notice for the ATX 2013 software, and I was wondering if people who experienced problems like myself for the 2012 tax season were receiving some type of discount? I would not feel right paying full price after all of the problems I endured this past tax season and problems I continue to experience in trying to amend returns. Thoughts?

I will be paying more for ProSystems fx, but it was time. I will miss the old ATX but not the new, although I do believe that those that are running stand alone systems with the recommended hardware and operating system will have a GREAT product in ATX in 2013 and beyond. In fact, one that I would not squabble over price about. It is already a great price for a great product. Good luck!

• Like 1

Ask for a discount - you will receive something more than their usual 10%. It probably won't be as much of a discount as you'd think they should agree to, and be forewarned the extra discount is off of their discounted amount, not off of full retail.

It depends on whether it is a percentage discount or a flat fee. You should be able to negotiate something; depending on how much trouble you had.

Rfassit, were you able to negotiate any discount for Profx? May I ask what you are paying, and what is included in your package, and a few details of your practice? I'm afraid I'll have to go with one of the high priced companies if ATX doesn't get it together, and I'm at such a juncture in my practice that I may have some pretty lean years if I have to spend more on software.