ATX Community

Upgraded computer system...

taxtrio

I just upgraded my computer system to keep up with new "recommended" system for 2013.

I was still on XP so need to upgrade within a year anyway.

I purchased a system with an i5 processor, 8 ram, and 1 T. hard drive. (A complete Dell with monitor, keyboard mouse and speakers... purchased online thru OfficeMax for 599.00)

I loaded ATX 2011 and 2012 and transfered all files.. updated windows etc. I find that ATX opens in 1/2 the time it does on my XP. (still no where near as fast as Drake at 5 seconds on my XP )

And the returns I have opened open faster also. Again still not as fast as Drake opens returns.

I am completely up-to-date with ATX. I will take time this summer to analyze ATX's performance on the new machine as well as work with Drake Software before I make my final decision. Drake has a lot to offer for the price.. ATX still needs work. Time will tell.

I just upgraded my computer system to keep up with new "recommended" system for 2013.

I was still on XP so need to upgrade within a year anyway.

I purchased a system with an i5 processor, 8 ram, and 1 T. hard drive. (A complete Dell with monitor, keyboard mouse and speakers... purchased online thru OfficeMax for 599.00)

I loaded ATX 2011 and 2012 and transfered all files.. updated windows etc. I find that ATX opens in 1/2 the time it does on my XP. (still no where near as fast as Drake at 5 seconds on my XP )

And the returns I have opened open faster also. Again still not as fast as Drake opens returns.

I am completely up-to-date with ATX. I will take time this summer to analyze ATX's performance on the new machine as well as work with Drake Software before I make my final decision. Drake has a lot to offer for the price.. ATX still needs work. Time will tell.

What is your new Operating System?

Correct, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Processor is Intel Core i5-2320, 3.0 GHZ..

That is pretty close to what I worked with on the 2012 software. We did bump ram up to 16 early on, but am doubtful that was necessary. I did not experience many of the problems that others had. Absolutely no printing problems, ever. I do have the program on three computers, but am not networked because I work alone.

Personal Preference: my system is not a Dell, but that is a moot point. IMO, it's largely in how well you take care of your equipment and how frequent your external backups are. Good luck to you!

Guest Taxed

mcb39 additional memory NEVER goes to waste! You will enjoy the benefits in future years as applications become more of a memory hog especially the graphic intensive applications.

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

Especially the Network functionality given the network related problems of ATX!

Tigerdirect.com had upgrade packages cheaper than Staples or OfficeMax.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll consider that... but being I work alone, on a standalone... not sure I really need pro version...

WIN7 PRO has encryption capabilities for security that Home does not. You can encrypt the information written on your hard drive such that if a hacker gets to your drive, he will get gibberish instead of data.

• Like 3