ATX Community

ATX v 12.18

jlewis

From ATX download/support site, just saw it while ago. Not mentioned on their blog, interesting?

ATX™ Version 12.18 - June, 2013

PROGRAM UPDATES

The following issue has been resolved in this version:

l

Opening returns: The issue prevented the application from opening returns and resulted in

the following system error: "System.IO.InvalidDataException: Failed to repair e-file

descriptor."

Were there any issues? I took a couple of weeks of vacation, and didn't upgrade before I left since I was churning out returns as fast as possible (and had a couple of last minute audits drop into my lap), and now there's 12.18 as well. I'm still on 12.16, and it's been working fine. I haven't seen as many postings on this board or the other about the last two updates..

I am installing 12.18 in the next 20 minutes. I will keep you informed of any issues.

No issues on my home standalone, nor on the firm's domain network. So far, so good.

Has anyone got any updates on 12.18? We are still running 12.15 on a network and the whole thing is freezing today. I've got an entire tax office not able to do tax returns!!

Yes. See my previous posts...

Thank you for the updates, we had to send everyone home, I'm about to work on this update. I'm very disappointed with everything we've had to go through. Random crashes, random deleted files, ATX forcing the server to crash. Never had so many problems.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I have upgraded my computer and installed windows 7, I have a stand alone system.

How is 12.18 working now. I am still at 12.15.

I am assuming it is working fairly well as no postings since June 27th.

I have a bunch of returns to do and everything is working well now, but.....

I am installing 12.18 in the next 20 minutes. I will keep you informed of any issues.

No issues on my home standalone, nor on the firm's domain network. So far, so good.

OK, I have upgraded my computer and installed windows 7, I have a stand alone system.

How is 12.18 working now. I am still at 12.15.

I am assuming it is working fairly well as no postings since June 27th.

I have a bunch of returns to do and everything is working well now, but.....

Yes. See my previous quotes....

I haven't had the need to print a return yet, but 12.18 is working well for me too.

I printed a 1041, both Fed and WI.........no issues. I did have to do a top margin adjustment in order for labels to line up on the sheet; otherwise, I seem to have a longer program opening time, but not other issues at this time.

To all of our valued ATX Customers:

ATX Version 12.18 was posted to the Solution Center during June. Many of you have already downloaded this update. For those of you who have yet to download this update, we want to inform you that we are moving ATX 12.18 to auto-update on July 30. For those of you who have yet to download this update, we want to inform you that if you have your preferences set to "Update program on startup" then 12.18 will be automatically downloaded the next time you log into the program beginning July 30.

You are prolonging the inevitable. If you peruse the threads, you will find that staying with the old version is counterproductive. Any changes in 12.18 may change returns you have already created.

You can lead a horse to water.....

Totally agree. No good can come out of in staying in 12.13. This time of year speed can't be as much an issue as it was pre - April 15. It is what it is. BTW, I never really noticed much of a problem with 12.18. It was as bad as the previous updates but not worse - including 12.13.

Ok, you guys convinced me. Just updated. Locked up the computer the first time at the backup screen at shutdown. Subsequent opening and closing seems to be working.

In all the posts on all the threads this year, there are at least 50 things you need to check/change on your system. I have implemented all of them. and they do make a difference. If you aren't tech savvy enough to do it yourself, put someone on staff that is tech savvy, School him/her in tax preparation basics, and let him/her take care of your I.T. infrastructure. No matter what software you use, from this day forward, this will be a necessity if you intend to stay in the game.