ATX Community

2013 capital gains

WITAXLADY

ok - please help my lazy self...

I am still so busy - went on lake vacation for hubby's 60th b-day. Came back Mon, he fed animals, I visited my 80+year old folks and when he came back in about the time I got in at 9 pm, he had 2 calls from his siblings. Can't make it your dad will have died before you get here - in the car in 20 minutes and 7 hours later got there at 4:30 am. He passed away at 5:30 am. Spent the next 5 days back and forth between Iowa and WI. So now I am gone 2 weeks and trying to catch up.

So the question is - Is the Capital Gains rate the same in 2013 the same as 2012?

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

D

ok - please help my lazy self...

I am still so busy - went on lake vacation for hubby's 60th b-day. Came back Mon, he fed animals, I visited my 80+year old folks and when he came back in about the time I got in at 9 pm, he had 2 calls from his siblings. Can't make it your dad will have died before you get here - in the car in 20 minutes and 7 hours later got there at 4:30 am. He passed away at 5:30 am. Spent the next 5 days back and forth between Iowa and WI. So now I am gone 2 weeks and trying to catch up.

So the question is - Is the Capital Gains rate the same in 2013 the same as 2012?

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

D

De.....Yes, the capital Gains rate is the same. I just recently asked the same question. Hugs to you and condolences. I nearly called you the other day.......just because!!!! Take care of YOU and hope to see you soon. :wub:

<<Is the Capital Gains rate the same in 2013 the same as 2012?<<

Yes, for most taxpayers. There is a new upper tax bracket of 39.6%, and those taxpayers face a maximum LT capital gains rate of 20%. Plus, they will be subject to the 3.8% Medicare surcharge, so the total rate is 23.8%.

The Medicare surcharge is based on AGI, so taxpayers in a lower bracket because of a lot of itemized deductions might see LTCG rate of 18.8%.

• Like 1