ATX Community

update on ATX beta testing plans

Catherine

After talking extensively with CCH people at Atlanta, I still remain "skeptically hopeful" with wide open eyes and intense radar at work.

That being said, we are changing software at the firm. We cannot take the chance of a repeat of 2012. In 2012 I heard the phrase "We will have the problems fixed soon" too many times, staring in first week of February 2012.

For the record: There will be NO MORE updates or patches to the program for 2012. We have to live with all the remaining problems. IMHO, another massive PR failure on the part of CCH.

• Like 2

Good suggestion. Another approach would be to choose an alternate vendor and let ATX serve as your backup this upcoming tax season, maybe on a pay-per-return basis. Then if they prove themselves worthy, you can switch back to ATX provided they give you pricing which will offset part of the addtional costs you incurred.

I think there was only one post from someone who got a price break for renewal at $995 for ATX 2013.

I think it is natural for some people to hope and pray that ATX 2013 works, because of the learning curve they fear.

I went from ATX to Taxworks to Drake, fearing the learning curve, but when your back is against the wall, you learn rather quickly!