ATX Community

Call from ATX

verbanik

Anyone received a call from ATX lately? I took a call yesterday and the agent was asking me to commit to the software. I let her know I would purchase the software after they shipped it to me and I loaded it and confirmed that it worked properly. She said they need a commitment and some money down to do that.

I said don't you have 30 day temp license to try the software, she said no. So I told her I would start looking for new software today then.

I did not have too many problems after the first couple weeks and the software worked, but I am not into reloading the software countless times and spending countless hours with support until it runs this year. This was my first year using ATX, after running Ultra Tax for the last 15 years.

I then talked to her manager and explained that there was no way in hell I was committing any money to ATX until I received a working program. She said if I did not give a commitment that they would not even contact me unless there was some new program put into place. She then proceeded to practically beg me to commit even $50.00 to set me up. I basically hung up while she was still begging after telling her the same thing about ten times. What is wrong with this company?????

• Like 2

What is the point of making a commitment now if they are not offering you a meaningful discount to buy early. You may as well wait till the end of the year and get the feedback of the beta testers on this forum. At least you would be making an informed choice.

I am in the process of "preview testing" the new software. My sales rep also called me. I was very straight forward to the fact that unless I am satisfied with the "preview test" (beta test for the non-politically correct group) I perform, that their software is not even on the radar.

Stay tuned. As I go through the beta testing, I will post my opinions. The non-disclosure agreement I signed will keep me from giving out details. Rest assured you will get my HONEST and COMPLETE opinions of the software as I brutally and mercilessly beta test it.

Anyone who has followed my posts during the past tax season will know that I may be the toughest test they have to pass.

Stay tuned!!

• Like 4

I got a call last week about signing up for ATX. I told the agent that I am looking at other options, such as Drake. He wouldn't sweeten the price while I was on the call. Of course, he promised that this new software was going to be great compared to the 2012. I did not sign up.

But I am following you guys who are beta testing....and looking forward to you postings.

I am now in NC and purchased an accounting firm down here. The prior owner used the ATX tax package, so I renewed for the ease and price compared to Ultra Tax. Ultra Tax was not giving sweet deals prior to ATX's problems. I think I was quoted around 6K for Write up, Depreciation and Tax.

Now today the rep called me back and sent over a commitment quote where I only had to pay a dollar with the rest to automatically be charged on my credit card on Dec 11. The only problem is Part 2C says I agree to pay the rest of the $2,365.65 on Dec 11th, even if I decide not to use the software. But she says all I have to do is call and cancel and they will not charge me. Sure what do they think I am stupid.

I am now in NC and purchased an accounting firm down here. The prior owner used the ATX tax package, so I renewed for the ease and price compared to Ultra Tax. Ultra Tax was not giving sweet deals prior to ATX's problems. I think I was quoted around 6K for Write up, Depreciation and Tax.

Now today the rep called me back and sent over a commitment quote where I only had to pay a dollar with the rest to automatically be charged on my credit card on Dec 11. The only problem is

Part 2C says I agree to pay the rest of the $2,365.65 on Dec 11th, even if I decide not to use the software. But she says all I have to do is call and cancel and they will not charge me. Sure what do they think I am stupid.

Be patient and DO NOT give them one red cent till we have had the chance to see if the software will work. Trust me, I have already been in communication with them about the upcoming preview (beta) tests of the software. Stand by.

Now today the rep called me back and sent over a commitment quote where I only had to pay a dollar with the rest to automatically be charged on my credit card on Dec 11. The only problem is Part 2C says I agree to pay the rest of the $2,365.65 on Dec 11th, even if I decide not to use the software. But she says all I have to do is call and cancel and they will not charge me. Sure what do they think I am stupid.

Can you tell us where in NC you are located?