ATX Community

1065 EFILE AND A USERS BOOK

Marie

What is the process to efile a LLC filing as a partnership? Have not efiled ptship or corp before. WHen I clicked on added forms needed the 1065 efile form did not come up, said to check CD. Also last year I rec'd an 06 user's book. Can't find my 07, have I misplaced or did I get one? Don't remember, does anyone else have one and did it come with the CD or did you have to request it?

What is the process to efile a LLC filing as a partnership? Have not efiled ptship or corp before. WHen I clicked on added forms needed the 1065 efile form did not come up, said to check CD. Also last year I rec'd an 06 user's book. Can't find my 07, have I misplaced or did I get one? Don't remember, does anyone else have one and did it come with the CD or did you have to request it?

I just updated my forms and checked a 1065 that I had efiled last year. That form is not available yet. However, the fact that you cannot file the 1065 yet does not prevent you from distributing K1s to the partners so that they are able to file their personal returns. After all, the 1065 is just an information return and I have already filed and had accepted returns for partners who received K1s from unfiled Partnerships. FWIW

This is from MyATX E-File Center and entitled "Business E-file"

updated 02-01-08 at 4pm-- IRS is updating a schema for 1120 1120S and 1065 efile on Monday. We will release the 1065 EF Monday after these changes have taken effect. We will release a new 1120 and 1120S EF Info early Monday morning to update those programs. Once this is released, we'll set this new version as the minimum required for this form, otherwise the returns created with an earlier version would reject.

To efile the federal partnership return, you need to add 8879-PE for the authorizing signature and 1065 EF info forms