ATX Community

Demand Existing Communities Database From ATX

Mike D

I had a brainstorm! We should all petition the ATX Communities database from ATX in order to continue this valuable service with all of it's history.

I'm certain that they will initially resist this request, however a class action from all of us threatening not to renew for 2007 may have some direct impact on their final decision.

What does the community think of this pursuit?

I had a brainstorm! We should all petition the ATX Communities database from ATX in order to continue this valuable service with all of it's history.

I'm certain that they will initially resist this request, however a class action from all of us threatening not to renew for 2007 may have some direct impact on their final decision.

I think it's a waste of time and energy. Among other reasons, I doubt if they even have it saved, now. Sorry, Mike, but I think we just need to build on this site and the one at TaxProExchange, and forget about the old board. I'm pretty sure it is long gone, as they saw it as a waste of bandwidth.

KC

Even if every member on this board protested, it would be a very small percentage of their total subscribers and I doubt if they would pay any attention. When they decided to end the original board, they probably considered that a large percentage of those who use the board would not renew. You can bet they are reading this board and know that many on here have already said they are not going to renew.

I'm all for doing whatever we can to get the database back, but I don't know what that could be. I don't suppose there could be any kind of legal action we could take since ATX advertised the board as one of the benefits of their software program? Just wondering.

Gene

Sorry Mike, I can't agree with you. We didn't own the contents of the forum, nor could we use it if we had it. See erc's post.

I think we should put it behind us and move on. I don't believe that any more groveling or begging is going to do any good (if they even listened to it.) We need to act like professional adults and make our decisions about the future accordingly. How many of you would actually go back and search the archives for much? We still have all of our tax guides, handbooks; our own personal knowledge and best of all, each other. :mellow: Whatever software each of us ultimately chooses for next year; we should be able to discuss tax matters and perplexing tax issues here. I, personally, like the feel of this forum much better than I ever liked the other board. There were times when I felt intimidated and even degraded there and I know of many fine posters who left for just those reasons. I am so happy to see some of them turning up once again; and all because someone CARED!