ATX Community

New line of business

ILLMAS

I'm not getting into helping with the insurance either. I'll deal with the tax aspects and answer general questions, or I'll point them to the sites that will answer their question. I also have several insurance offices that deal solely in health insurance products whose names I'll pass along.

I had originally considered becoming a Navigator. I have since come to my senses and will NOT. I will advise my clients about the tax implications and requirements, but when it comes to giving them advice about who, where and what to purchase for health insurance, I will opt out.

Three reasons:

1. The entire new system was broken when it was designed and is a total train wreck now.

2. I will not take on the liability of advising someone about those issues.

3. As I learn more about the ACA, I totally understand why so many states opted out of having exchanges. The liability now falls on the Federal Government when the system implodes and fails.

I did a couple free small biz employer seminars--both were well attended.

In response to numerous requests, I also offered my client base (mostly churches & religious ministries) the option of sponsoring a consumers' seminar ($189 for unlimited attendance) for their constituents. So far only two have made tentative inquiries about it. Oh well.