ATX Community

ATX 2013 Demo

Crank

After using TaxWise for the 2012 filing season I am looking around for a new tax software for the upcoming 2013 tax season. I know ATX had issues in 2012 so I called them on 10/22 and scheduled a demo of the 2013 software for this past tuesday 10/29. About 30 minutes prior to the scheduled demo I received a call from the ATX rep who stated that before they could demo the software to me I would need to get a release from MainStreetTaxSolutions.com, the reseller I purchased my 2012 TaxWise software from. She then gave me the number of another rep to call to discuss the situation. I was a bit annoyed that they waited a week to recognize this issue and contacted me just before the scheduled time. Also, I was confused as to why I needed the release since I only purchased the one year from MainStreet and didnt sign a contract. The other rep stated that I didnt need the release since I only do about 100 returns and that he would clear it up and someone would be in contact with me in an hour or two. Well, its been two days so I called the original ATX rep back and she said she had no knowlege that it had been cleared and set up another demo for next tuesday 11/5.

Anyone else run into this situation with ATX? Makes me wonder if they are this lackadaisical and uninformed when trying to sell their product how are they after the sale? I should note that I have used ATX for about 15 years prior. Sheesh

I didn't know we could demo 2013 ATX. They have let me demo 2012 (and 2011 & 2010) this summer even though I'm using TaxWise through MainStreet. Is this a 2013 specific issue as to the release requirement?

I used ATX for 2000 - 2007 & 2009 (TRX). So this year MainStreet had to get a release from ATX before I could use TaxWise. But MainStreet took care of that.

I am not an attorney but if there is some non compete agreement between CCH and Main street, you are not a party to that agreement, hence you should NOT have to seek any release from anyone. Let those two parties to the contract deal between themselves and do what is necessary to get you a demo software.

I ran into a similar situation with an insurance company and my broker and told them in no uncertain words exactly that and issue was resolved within 24 hours.

That's what I thought Jack. But the rep stated that they could demo the 2012 issues that have been corrected with the 2013 version. Maybe I missunderstood but I was quite specific about the 2013 version. Either the rep is poorly misinformed or they are relying on propagating misinformation to make sales. Either way I'm still quite wary of ATX

That's what I thought Jack. But the rep stated that they could demo the 2012 issues that have been corrected with the 2013 version. Maybe I missunderstood but I was quite specific about the 2013 version. Either the rep is poorly misinformed or they are relying on propagating misinformation to make sales. Either way I'm still quite wary of ATX

Your salesperson either did NOT listen, did NOT understand, or a combination of both. Trust me, there will be no Demo of 2013 for at least a couple of weeks.

Renew ATX Risk-Free

This is the email I got from ATX.

This seems like a risk free offer. They say so. If I don't like it I get my money back..

August @ ADG Financial.Com

It’s time to get ready for tax season, and the first big step is renewing your ATX™ software.

Renew ATX by October 31 and defer payment until February 2014*.

All you pay now is processing and applicable taxes. Pay for your software in February, after tax season has started and revenues are rolling in.

Call your Account Manager today to take advantage of this risk-free offer.

800-495-4626

Unless you can cancel by Feb 2014 and not owe any remaining balance it is not risk free really.

If it is a simple deferred payment, you are still on the hook to pay that in Feb 2014 regardless of your use of the software.

I would want to know how this offer works with their refund policy. Their current policy says that a user requesting a refund is charged $20 per e-filed return starting with the second one. If you have agreed to purchase the software on this deferred payment plan and choose to not pay for it, wouldn't you still be obligated to pay $20 per return that you did complete through the end of Feb? This was one problem some disgruntled users had last year when they thought about leaving, that they had filed so many returns that the $20 per return charge ate up the entire refund, had they asked for one.

How many returns do you file early in the season?

Look Folks these are business decisions. If by Feb. 15th the ATX program isn't working and you have done 30 returns. You have most likely made $4000. or more. Don't pay them and ask for a refund.

As most know I've moved to ProSeries and won't repeat last year. If you all have a great 2014 maybe I'll be back. I'm not sure. Just look at it in black and white terms. If you want to stay take them at their word and take the no risk offer. I think that your over thinking this.

• Like 1

I believe a few posters on this board did receive a refund from ATX after certain deductions for e-filing. Did you escalate this matter up the chain of command?

I made several calls, but no help. Like many of us I have other business to tend to. I have been cheated before and it will probably happen again. But not by CCH. Fool me once.......

Look Folks these are business decisions. If by Feb. 15th the ATX program isn't working and you have done 30 returns. You have most likely made $4000. or more. Don't pay them and ask for a refund.

As most know I've moved to ProSeries and won't repeat last year. If you all have a great 2014 maybe I'll be back. I'm not sure. Just look at it in black and white terms. If you want to stay take them at their word and take the no risk offer. I think that your over thinking this.

I renewed under these terms. For me, it was easy --- gave them around $100.00 now, balance by end of Feb. 2014 --- if the program works as promised, etc. If it does not, then --- I'll use the money they (CCH/ATX) would have been paid to pay toward whatever tax software I need to go to - to continue taking care of my clients. If they care to contest NOT BEING PAID --- they can, as I will simply answer with "receiving a faulty product" that caused damages to me and my clients; causing irreparable harm, etc." --- thusly NOT getting what I ordered and would have paid for.

Simple math; simple logic ---- works in my "simple mind".

Did you have to sign any contract when you gave them the initial payment of $100? Are the terms clearly spelled out?

I am assuming you paid by credit card, in which case they already have that info on file for later billing and if they charge the balance in Feb. you will have to dispute that with your credit card co.

Did you have to sign any contract when you gave them the initial payment of $100? Are the terms clearly spelled out?

I am assuming you paid by credit card, in which case they already have that info on file for later billing and if they charge the balance in Feb. you will have to dispute that with your credit card co.

Just re-read account and yes paid by credit card --- although given product would be declared defective, credit card would have no problem with dispute. Agreement does state that service fee of $20.00 per e-file (starting with 2nd e-file) would be due up to amount paid BUT no additional fees would be due - should there be more e-files @ $20 than amount paid - no additional monies would be due.

If the software does not work, I wouldn't be e-filing anyway with ATX and even if I do some e-files to be sure --- I have 5 @ $20 for my test.

Again, except for the "Progressive Accountants" article where the CCH senior staff has no clue on what happened with the 2012 CCH product and service; I'm still convinced/hoping ATX 2013 is fixed and future years WILL BE much better too.

>>> I'm still convinced/hoping ATX 2013 is fixed and future years WILL BE much better too.

Can't go wrong to test drive it for $100.

If it does not satisfy your requirements you have the money for your backup options.

Yes, that might be a good deal. When I posted above, I realized that your credit card would be on file, but that if CCH tried to charge you that the charge could be disputed. That was one call I made that my credit card company said would be difficult to dispute last year because I had prepaid in the previous May. My credit card company couldn't understand that it is common in this industry for users to renew early to take advantage of a discount.

In the end I did receive my refund because I followed their policy to the letter, including using the preferred method of request via their website. But I also followed that up with a letter in writing that I faxed, kept a copy of the transmission report, and included all of that in the mail also. Overkill to be sure. After that I called the new account rep and the accounting dept every single week until I had my money. It took until early April, but I did get the money back.

As usual when you are due a refund because of shoddy product you have to fight to get it and document every interaction with the company. I stopped using bill me later from Paypal because they will not help you get a refund unlike a credit card co.

Today I was scheduled for a demo of the ATX software and once again I had to call them and they still state that they need to get a release from TaxWise reseller MainStreetTaxSolutions.com before they can talk to me. This is the second week that I blocked time off of my schedule for this demo and the second time they used this excuse. Ive been trying to get a demo of ATX since about mid October. Im amazed at the incompetence and lack of professionalism

Today I was scheduled for a demo of the ATX software and once again I had to call them and they still state that they need to get a release from TaxWise reseller MainStreetTaxSolutions.com before they can talk to me. This is the second week that I blocked time off of my schedule for this demo and the second time they used this excuse. Ive been trying to get a demo of ATX since about mid October. Im amazed at the incompetence and lack of professionalism

Why do you want ATX so bad you put up with this crap?