ATX Community

.pdf to .doc conversion program

MAMalody

I am looking for a program that will convert a .pdf document (the ATX Tax Organizer) to a Word document or even an Excel document. Does anybody know a program that will do that? My SolidConverter program used to work for this but gave up the ghost a couple of years ago. The last two years I have had a blank Excel document made up. I would prefer to convert the ATX organizer so that the prior year data would be there and I would only have to use the organizer pages necessary instead of constructing a 26 page document. I hope someone knows of a program that will do this, so.....

KC, thanks for the info. I have run across the ones that you have mentioned. I do ont have the Adobe XI, mine is 8. The other programs have trouble handling the boxes. You can fill them in and they are do some rearranging of the text. I may spring for the Adobe, but want to see what is out there first.

Lion, I have CutePdf but it does not make from .pdf

When you convert from PDF to DOCX (Word) some characters or graphics gets dropped or mashed into other characters. So do a side by side comparison before using it.

I go from Word Doc to PDF 99% of the time!

Interesting. I could not tell if this allows you to actually conver the .pdf Tax Organizer to a fillable doc that can be e-mail, filled out by somebody else with the .pdf reader and then saved and returned. Have you done this?

I have (an organizer from last year (not an ATX doc) - done last year)---- BUT --- it does take some work as you need to make the document a "fillable" doc. It may be possible to automate this but I did it on the fly and at the time didn't have any free time to learn, so I did it myself.

Maybe I'll wake up and actually learn it, but that's all I have (info wise) right now.