ATX Community

ATX conversion to Drake

JRS

Oh, I like that idea. I will download that. Thanks!!

I was trying to upload that file here for you. Then i remembered that the board does not allow uploads for other vendors section! Sorry.

Hope you also downloaded the other cheat sheets:

Quick Reference Guide

Shortcut Keys

If not they are also in the Drake 2013 manual (pdf format in the CD). Just print those pages you need.

• Like 1

I agree in general but this board could also serves us to candidly talk about Drake without Drake company administrators looking over our shoulders. IMHO.

Drake is not CCH/ATX and from my short experience does not do the things that CCH has done that caused this board to be created and needed.

I see members candidly discussing Drake and its flaws on its board, with no cencorship whatsoever (except for direct attacks on Named staff or other members, which really isn't approriate on any forum - and this I only saw from posts that this had happened in the distant past).

On the other had, for the most part members there are happy with Drake and you see virtually no bashing.

• Like 2

Did you know that Drake provides a little "cheat sheet" 2013 Data Entry Screen Codes Form 1040. It lists the Line#, Screen and Source. So for example IRA Distribution (1099-R) goes on screen 1099:3 line 15b.

You can download that cheat sheet from the support site under downloads.

They have a Hotkey sheet as well, that is now available directly inside the Drake software under "Help/Navigation Help.

At the bottom there is a link to the PDF for the Hotkeys.

• Like 1

Be sure to take advantage of the Drake tutorials as well. They're short & to the point. If you have dual monitors, it's helpful to run a tutorial while entering data on the other screen. Above all, learn how to use that navigation box at the bottom left of the screen. It's the secret to moving around quickly in Drake.

Also, take the time to write a couple of simple macros. Once you do that & find how easy it is, you'll find lots of reasons to use them to automate various tasks.

Had Drake convert from our ATX, 95% of the returns are wrong. Schedules A, C and D are incorrect. 700 returns, their people want to review them one return at a time.

Update: Drake VP told me on phone today that they do not try to carry over all prior year amounts from ATX. Hence a Drake 2012 return will not look like the ATX 2012 return that the Drake return was generated from.

• Like 1

If the expectation of the conversion from ATX to Drake was that you would see a mirror image of your ATX return in Drake then you will be disappointed because that is NOT the purpose of the conversion. Please go back to the Drake support site under conversions and cursor over the ATX conversion and Forms. It will give you a list of fields from the ATX return that will be converted. If it is not on that list it will not be converted.

What you need to make sure is that the carryforwards are in the Drake return.

Had Drake convert from our ATX, 95% of the returns are wrong. Schedules A, C and D are incorrect. 700 returns, their people want to review them one return at a time.

So are 95% of the returns wrong or is 95% of each return wrong? It appears that if data was not entered exactly right then it did not pick up on conversion.

Because this issue has come up on this board more than once, I am attaching on the main board a document from Drake that lists all the fields from the ATX return that will be converted to Drake.

The other vendor sub board does not allow file attachments.

If you find some line # or item missing after the conversion, check this list. If that particular field or item is not in this list then it was not converted by design. You will have to manually add the item in the Drake return.

This is a rather large pdf file (24 pages).