ATX Community

Official ATX forum community

It is my understanding that this ATX Community page is "unofficial" community chat board. Is there an official ATX chat board also out there?.

If so, is that worth joining and if so how do I join that. The reason I am asking is I am wondering if will I gain any more tax knowledge/ATX software knowledge by joining the official board also.

thanks for your help.

Naveen Mohan

It is my understanding that this ATX Community page is "unofficial" community chat board. Is there an official ATX chat board also out there?.

If so, is that worth joining and if so how do I join that. The reason I am asking is I am wondering if will I gain any more tax knowledge/ATX software knowledge by joining the official board also.

thanks for your help.

Naveen Mohan

Yes, many of us are on both. If you look at the header of this forum you will see a functional link to "MyATX". That will take you directly to the official forum. If you leave your web browser opened after logging in to the official forum, that link will take you directly to the forum without having to log in again.

You should really sign on and see for yourself. Personally, I like it better here with the smaller and more knowledgeable group that generally doesn't ask the very simple questions. The official forum has many times the users that this forum has, some of whom are skilled while others aren't at all. Some of those people are leaving ATX for other software in the coming year. I've found that the official forum has so many posters that sometimes a post goes unanswered, not because the question is too technical, but because it can get lost in the sheer volume of posts. Also, there are those questions that are asked over and over again because program users don't read the instruction manual and don't use the search feature to find answers to their problems, many posts are in the wrong forums, and posters ask simple questions that are answered in the 1040 instructions, all making for some frustrated reading at times.

However, it has its place and had some technical workarounds that might not have been posted here. I do believe that whatever software is being used, users may find it beneficial to have access to that vendor's official forum.

• Like 3

You should really sign on and see for yourself. Personally, I like it better here with the smaller and more knowledgeable group that generally doesn't ask the very simple questions. The official forum has many times the users that this forum has, some of whom are skilled while others aren't at all. Some of those people are leaving ATX for other software in the coming year. I've found that the official forum has so many posters that sometimes a post goes unanswered, not because the question is too technical, but because it can get lost in the sheer volume of posts. Also, there are those questions that are asked over and over again because program users don't read the instruction manual and don't use the search feature to find answers to their problems, many posts are in the wrong forums, and posters ask simple questions that are answered in the 1040 instructions, all making for some frustrated reading at times.

However, it has its place and had some technical workarounds that might not have been posted here. I do believe that whatever software is being used, users may find it beneficial to have access to that vendor's official forum.

They are a long way from earning my respect enough to even log in. I spoke to Carrie, the main mod on the official site, at the CAB meeting. Carrie is a very nice sweet lady. I stand by my position.