ATX Community

Username and Password ? SOLUTION HERE

Oh Baby!

Use Admin (case sensitive) and leave the password field blank. Then go in under security settings and set them up the way you want.

The username and password ARE case sensitive.

Updated....

User Names No Longer Case-Sensitive

In ATX 2013, user names are no longer case-sensitive. Passwords remain case-sensitive. For

more on setting up user names and passwords, see Adding Users to the System in Program Help.

Will everyone please forget all that you knew about ATX 2012 and earlier?

The password function is by design. It will not activate until you turn on the security function the first time. During the initial setup, the facts about the default username and password are shown.

Wouldn't it make sense to prompt the user to create a username and password the first time the security function is enabled?

Is there some notification of the default username and password when the feature is enabled? It'd be careless to allow such a feature to be enabled with an unknown default, making the customer search though documentation to find it. And by careless, I mean by provoking unnecessary calls to support.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in the process of migrating data from one system to another. I can't get into ATX using "Admin" as the username and "" (blank) as the password. Any other suggestions? Just to clarify, this "username and password" are for a local account on the machine or are they tied to the online portal. I am able to get into the online portal without a problem. I'm working on getting this done for a client (I'm an IT professional by trade). This type of stuff is destroying my productivity and making my client uneasy about this all getting done in time. If I could get a solution here it would be most appreciated.

GreenLED:

Not an IT guy but believe username and password would have to come from your client as generic at beginning but what the client does - did not able to know.

Also, at one point --- neither were required to run the program (do not remember if/when requirement was made), so possibly there is "NO" user/password, etc. I have been stuck like this in some other programs --- only to find out -- thou they ask, there is nothing to enter --- and 'blank ________" works.

Hope this helps.

I'm currently in the process of migrating data from one system to another. I can't get into ATX using "Admin" as the username and "" (blank) as the password. Any other suggestions? Just to clarify, this "username and password" are for a local account on the machine or are they tied to the online portal. I am able to get into the online portal without a problem. I'm working on getting this done for a client (I'm an IT professional by trade). This type of stuff is destroying my productivity and making my client uneasy about this all getting done in time. If I could get a solution here it would be most appreciated.

Migration must be a very specific set of steps. Check your messages.

• 3 weeks later...

Use Admin (case sensitive) and leave the password field blank. Then go in under security settings and set them up the way you want.

The username and password ARE case sensitive.

Updated....

User Names No Longer Case-Sensitive

In ATX 2013, user names are no longer case-sensitive. Passwords remain case-sensitive. For

more on setting up user names and passwords, see Adding Users to the System in Program Help.

• Like 1

I agree with Eric. The problem is that (at least in my case), the program will open with anything. It is like an account creation event. So I have used about 4 different users name and passwords and so far so good, I believe you will be able to create 5 accounts and then you will have to use one of them if you want to open it. So I use Manny, manny and many others.