ATX Community

Our welcome other places...

diligentbiz

Has anyone seen this at http://www.taxalmanac.org/index.php/Main_Page

Welcome ATX™ Community Members! We would like to welcome those of you affected by the recent discontinuation of the ATX™ community forums. Please feel free to make yourself at home here on TaxAlmanac as you work through this very busy tax season.

That's nice, thanks. There are several other sites as well that some of the posters from the old ATX site have migrated to. While it may be prudent to have a variety of resources to tap when needed, my hope is that we can make THIS forum THE ONE to go to for expert advise and fine companionship. erc has put a lot of effort into this site for the good of the community. He didn't even have a dog in the ATX fight.

I see that Tax Almanac is sponsored by Intuit.

It has a nice slick look and appears to have good content.

I'll probably sign up & use it from time-to-time.

But having already been burned once by a big software company's heavy-handed antics, I think I'll spend most of my quality on-line time here first and on the Yahoo Group second, with TaxTalk being third (assuming it survives).

I took a quick look at their message board and didn't care for the format.

Agree with Old Jack, didn't like it too much. The Taxbook Forum is good. I also Like TaxPro Exchange. Most of my time will be on this board though. More familiar people and most don't mind the jokes and stuff here :-)

Eli

:) Eli....I love the chit chat and all of the familiar faces here. It is so Comfortable and, so far, I have not detected a negative note in any post. Not that we all have to agree...heaven forbid; but negative criticizm as opposed to honest disagreement (often correct) is just what we all need. IMO

:) Eli....I love the chit chat and all of the familiar faces here. It is so Comfortable and, so far, I have not detected a negative note in any post. Not that we all have to agree...heaven forbid; but negative criticizm as opposed to honest disagreement (often correct) is just what we all need. IMO

I couldn't agree more, Marilyn. Of course, there will be disagreements, that's a given. My hope is that those times can be without the negative emotions, the better than thou attitudes and sarcasm of old. I think we're all adults here and should be able to have animated discussions without being offensive.