ATX Community

NEW: Depreciation is not flowing to C E or F

mcb39

Depreciation is not flowing to Schedule C, E or F on the 1040

Scenario: Your depreciation is not flowing to 4562, or Schedule C, E or F. The Fixed Assets will show the right activity and depreciation assigned to the assets. When you run diagnostics there will be a diagnostic warning indicating you have Unassigned assets.

Symptom: After rolling and opening the return, you check the depreciation flow to a form such as Schedule C, E or F. It is missing, and the depreciation is missing on the 4562, although it is on Fixed Assets.

Resolution: This will be resolved in the 13.2.1 program update to ATX Tax and to the FAM module (if purchased as a separate module) currently scheduled for mid-Jan.

Alternative Solution: Do the following on one asset per return

Click on the fixed Asset form on the left tree.

Click an asset

Click over in the asset name-put your cursor there

With your cursor there in the name field, hold down the Control-ALT-Shift keys all together and the number 2 keyall four at the same time. Make sure you are using the numbers above they letters.

This will cause the assets to flow to all the activity forms.

You can check this by going to the Schedule and now seeing the correct depreciation amount flowing there.

This applies to ATX users only

The reappearance of this problem is not a confidence builder, since ATX had a very similar problem last year.

Also, I'm noticing several posts on the ATX board of users having problems with the Backup/Restore function just like last year.

Basically, I.m waiting to see what others users experience is after the mid-January update.

I just rolled over several returns with Sch C returns and all of the depreciation flowed properly. The Sch E is not yet available so, of course, it will not show, but is in the Asset Manager.

I am currently working with a computer professional who has ATX experience as well and we don't see this problem on my system.

I wonder what Jack will have to say about all this.

I had a problem with a return like that. What I did was click on the asset in the fixed asset tab, changed it from Sch. C to Sch. A. then changed it back again to schedule C. It flowed properly. Looks like when you roll the return over and the form was not available yet, it needs to be re-linked to the form.

Not the most elegant solution, but it worked for me.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1

I had a problem with a return like that. What I did was click on the asset in the fixed asset tab, changed it from Sch. C to Sch. A. then changed it back again to schedule C. It flowed properly. Looks like when you roll the return over and the form was not available yet, it needs to be re-linked to the form.

Not the most elegant solution, but it worked for me.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Did this on one client's files and they had a lot of assets - very time consuming. The ATX solution is suppose to be a one asset in the file process to fix them all. It does seem to work.