ATX Community

ATX CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER???????

GeorgeM

I live in Atlanta and this is what took place.

Basically we had idiots of leaders.

- Last week we knew the storm of 1"-3"+ was on it's way to central Georgia. for the Atlanta area it was said to be 1" or less.

- The day of the snow about 11:00 the moved the warning to the Atlanta region and said we would get 1"-3".

- GDOT came out and said they were not going to pour salt on the roads, until snow was actually on the roads. (STUPID).

- well about 4:00 the Mayor said, "everyone get the heck out of Atlanta ASAP". there was already people leaving for the day, but now there was a rush of more people leaving and also people having to turn around. Well the road was ice and - once a few cars get stuck, then the rest of the cars get stuck. It doesn't matter what car or how awesome you are. If you get stuck behind a bad driver, you are screwed.

- once all the cars were stuck. people were on the roads all night long with no help from Atlanta.

- the next day, the mayor LIED to the national guard about the situation. and lucky someone else called them in saying how bad it was. and when they arrived here they freaked.

- people had abandon their cars on every major interstate in and around Atlanta.

- - a lot of those people slept inside pharmacy places, grocery stores, and other businesses.

- - there was also over 11,000 children involved as well.

The children and most people did not get home until 24+ hours later. yet still there was about a 1,000 kids and a good bit of people who were still sleeping in stores because they could not get out.

Interstate 75 and 285 did not get cleared to travel on until yesterday. there is some roads that are still blocked right now.

anyhow I believe we do not have the amount of equipment they say they have. Because every time snow happens you rarely rarely see them, and rarely see evidence they poured salt. Also we have been promised over and over how they won't let this happen again, but it is always worse the next time.

lastly not only were 10's of thousands of vehicles abandon. but also were many people of Atlanta. it is very very sad. My brother was stuck in all this and found children who were abandon by the school bus driver. it was very heart breaking. no one knows if the driver abandon the children or something happen to him. regardless very very sad.

I live in Atlanta and this is what took place.

Basically we had idiots of leaders.

- Last week we knew the storm of 1"-3"+ was on it's way to central Georgia. for the Atlanta area it was said to be 1" or less.

- The day of the snow about 11:00 the moved the warning to the Atlanta region and said we would get 1"-3".

- GDOT came out and said they were not going to pour salt on the roads, until snow was actually on the roads. (STUPID).

- well about 4:00 the Mayor said, "everyone get the heck out of Atlanta ASAP". there was already people leaving for the day, but now there was a rush of more people leaving and also people having to turn around. Well the road was ice and - once a few cars get stuck, then the rest of the cars get stuck. It doesn't matter what car or how awesome you are. If you get stuck behind a bad driver, you are screwed.

- once all the cars were stuck. people were on the roads all night long with no help from Atlanta.

- the next day, the mayor LIED to the national guard about the situation. and lucky someone else called them in saying how bad it was. and when they arrived here they freaked.

- people had abandon their cars on every major interstate in and around Atlanta.

- - a lot of those people slept inside pharmacy places, grocery stores, and other businesses.

- - there was also over 11,000 children involved as well.

The children and most people did not get home until 24+ hours later. yet still there was about a 1,000 kids and a good bit of people who were still sleeping in stores because they could not get out.

Interstate 75 and 285 did not get cleared to travel on until yesterday. there is some roads that are still blocked right now.

anyhow I believe we do not have the amount of equipment they say they have. Because every time snow happens you rarely rarely see them, and rarely see evidence they poured salt. Also we have been promised over and over how they won't let this happen again, but it is always worse the next time.

lastly not only were 10's of thousands of vehicles abandon. but also were many people of Atlanta. it is very very sad. My brother was stuck in all this and found children who were abandon by the school bus driver. it was very heart breaking. no one knows if the driver abandon the children or something happen to him. regardless very very sad.

Tens of thousands?? I have friends that live in and around Atlanta. There description was not a cataclysmic as yours, even though it was a bit of a disaster. Human nature and panic before thinking caused the disaster.