ATX Community

K-1 Auto Import to 1040?

Crank

When I purchased the ATX 2013 software this year the rep said that it will auto import K-1 information from an 1120S to a 1040. Other software I've used does this upon opening the client 1040 after the 1120S is completed but that doesn't happen in ATX. Does anyone know how to get the software to do this? I cant find a manual import feature either.

When I purchased the ATX 2013 software this year the rep said that it will auto import K-1 information from an 1120S to a 1040. Other software I've used does this upon opening the client 1040 after the 1120S is completed but that doesn't happen in ATX. Does anyone know how to get the software to do this? I cant find a manual import feature either.

Once the 1040 is open, goto Return > Import data > K1.

Sweet, Thank you. That is something we have been looking to get for years.

One more question if you don't mind. I have a client that is a partner and a shareholder in an S Corp. I do both entities, plus her personal. Can I import both of the k-1's?

Thanks

Tom

Hollister, Ca

Just posted on ATX forum a few minutes ago:

ATX Version 13.4 Program Update will be Released on Thursday, Feb. 20

We will release a new ATX program update, Version 13.4, on Thursday, Feb. 20. We encourage you to download and install the update as soon as it is available to take advantage of the latest features and functionality.
The update will include:
Importing K-1 Data on Workstations - Network users will be able to import K-1 data from one return to another.

TOM, that feature has been in the program for years now! How in the world have you missed it? It's such a wonderful thing that we were all over the moon about it back when they first added it.

Because I so distrust everything that comes from CCH that I never read anything from them. I hate that company. I only believe what I read on this board. Sometimes I am such a dufus.

Tom

Hollister, CA