ATX Community

Ohio City Form

Joel

Spot on Jack.....I actually like using the generic form better than trying to use the city-specific forms as I did in the past.....waiting for the forms to be released and constantly adjusting to a new form was maddening....almost all cities accept the generic, so generic it is. I do have to say, however, that the generic does not have a good way of calculating the percentage of unreimbursed employee expenses to deduct. City of Sidney allows a percentage based on unreimbursed employee expenses as a percentage of total Sch A deductions. with the generic form I need to complete that formula by hand on Sidney City printed tax form and then transfer the total to the generic form in ATX. I also then attach the page of the paper Sidney form that has my calculation to the generic to mail to Sidney....just so they know that I correctly arrived at my deduction.

• Like 1

So RITA has no problem accepting the General form? How about CCA? That would simplify things a lot. It would be even better if the general form would pick the residence and work cities from the W-2s, and the city tax rates, credit rates, and credit limits from a table. It's always annoyed me that the RITA form forces you to enter the W-2 information again. I guess ATX is trying to sell its city tax add-on software.

• Like 1