ATX Community

ATX Cover Sheet for Returns

Yardley CPA

Does ATX offer a cover sheet that can be placed on the front of the clients individual Federal and State returns that provides summary information (the fact that the return was efiled (or directions to paper file) and the copy is for their record/file only, the amount of the refund/amount due, etc?) I know the program has the Federal and State Letter option and I do print that out for each client. I also realize there is a cover sheet that provides the clients name and my name/address as the tax preparer, but I didn't know if the program offered the ability to include additional information on the cover sheet that I am just not aware of?

I have a new client this year that brought me a copy of his previous year return. Stapled to the font of the return is a sheet that provides all of this information. The preparers name and address is at the top of the return followed by specifics on that return. Same was done on the State return. I know I could probably prepare a document in Word that would allow me to do this, but just wanted to see if ATX offered something besides the letter information?

A lot of that information can be opted to be included in the Client Letter. I also always print the Tax Summary which is generated by clicking on the refund or owe amount in the upper right hand corner of the sheet. As for a cover sheet, I make my own.

I like the cover sheet to be clean, as a privacy issue. I put the tax summary sheet next, but I don't think its good to have so much personal data exposed on the cover sheet.

I should have added that only MY business information is on the cover sheet.