ATX Community

Rejected by Agency for State ID no.

HV Ken

I don't know if this is new or if it is just the first time I hit it. I am getting "Rejected by Agency" when the Employer's state ID no. is blank on the W-2 input. This means I am generating the e-file, submitting it, receiving acks, looking at the rejection error, finding the W-2 in my files, fixing it, re-generating the e-file, submitting it, etc.

It sure would be nice if this could be made into an error on initial e-file generation? In other words, don't create the e-file if the state ID field (15) is blank, since we know it will get Rejected by Agency anyway.

I have either always filled in the Employer's state ID no and just missed it on a recent e-file, or this is a recent change. Just curious.

Is it only NY? I have e-filed over 1,100 at the firm without a single reject for this reason. Most of them had no number in the State ID field.

Good question - seems odd that leaving it blank for NY would cause a Federal reject. If it is indeed new, then maybe you will start to see them as well.... I have an email in to customer support asking for more information - I was posting here to see if others are experiencing it as well.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ken, I am sorry I doubted you. 1,100+ efiled through last Friday without this reject.

Today, 35 out of 43 e-filed rejected for this reason from 7 different states including Ohio. I wonder what changed???

Would have been nice for the IRS to give us a heads up. This means that I will have to recreate over 500 returns that have been completed so far.

PUT THOSE STATE ID#S IN!!!

Just got an email around 3p Eastern from my CCH-SFS contact:

I just got off the phone with the IRS and they confirmed that Reject FW2-010: “If Form W-2, Line 16 ‘StateWagesAmt’ has a non-zero value, then Line 15 ‘StateAbbreviationCd’ and ‘EmployersStateIDNumber’ must have a value.” was incorrectly enabled this weekend by the IRS and they are in the process of disabling it.

They expect to have it disabled within a few hours.

• Like 1

Just got an email around 3p Eastern from my CCH-SFS contact:

I just got off the phone with the IRS and they confirmed that Reject FW2-010: “If Form W-2, Line 16 ‘StateWagesAmt’ has a non-zero value, then Line 15 ‘StateAbbreviationCd’ and ‘EmployersStateIDNumber’ must have a value.” was incorrectly enabled this weekend by the IRS and they are in the process of disabling it.

They expect to have it disabled within a few hours.

You beat me to posting it!! Saves lots of trouble...