ATX Community

Missing "Fixed Asset" form PART TWO (different approach)

Pacun

In a prior or current year, I have discarded the "fixed asset" form and I don't seem to be able to bring it back.

I have two tax payers with the same situation and one was for a test but the other I need to depreciate some tools.

I have not noticed that on any other form but maybe only on fixed assets. I discard Sch SE all the time and then I bring it back without any issues, but Fixed asset seems to be special. I will hate to recreate this client.

Fixed assets are specifically set up by the return preparer and are unique to each return. Sch SE, while different for each return, is not unique to each return in the same way the fixed assets are. Sch SE is populated from other forms in the return. Fixed assets is the base form to feed into other forms. Afraid you'll have to start over with fixed assets once you delete it. I'd be surprised if you had to do the whole return over again though.

Can you roll it forward from 2012 and have all your fixed assets through 2012 and just have to add 2013 purchases?

What I am afraid of is that if I discarded it a couple of years ago, I have inherited the problem when I roll over. This could be a development issue (I mean a programming issue) more than a mistake on my part.

I remember that one time I have entered the miles for schedule C on the ex "asset entry" and on the schedule C itself, so I went to discard the "asset entry" form and since then, I cannot bring it back in the years thereafter.