ATX Community

NT - Attaching Screen Shots to Posts (For Eric)

Yardley CPA

There are limitations on the size of files that you can upload, and also the format of the files that you can upload. If you want, you can email a copy of what you tried to upload along with the exact error message you received, and I'll try to see what's up.

KC is right too, there's a lot better chance of me seeing a message if you send a PM to me directly.

• Like 2

When I last posted a screen shot, I pasted it into a Word doc and that type of file is allowed here. The other thing you could do if you have a pdf converter is convert the file to a pdf to attach it here. That has also worked for me with some attachments.

After you push the print screen button, open up Microsoft paint. Then push ctrl-V. the picture will show up in paint. Then choose save as and save it as a .jpg file giving it a name and location.

Then you can attach it to a post like any other picture.

Microsoft paint is under accessories in the all program menu when you click start. It is a standard part of the windows operating system.

Thank you, all. I used a program called Full Shot that I believe is similar to Alt+Print Screen. It did not allow me to copy it to the post. I tried pasting it to Word and then copying it from Word to paste on the post and that was not allowed either. It was a very small screen shot.

Ahh, I think I see.

You can't paste directly into the editor. You must save the screen shot as a file on your computer, and then attach that file to a post.

I believe the Attach Files thing only shows up on the full editor, not the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread. See attached screenshot:

Ahh, I think I see.

You can't paste directly into the editor. You must save the screen shot as a file on your computer, and then attach that file to a post.

I believe the Attach Files thing only shows up on the full editor, not the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread. See attached screenshot:

attachicon.gifattach-files.png

That is what I said!!!