ATX Community

Church Management Software and Accounting

Gail in Virginia

Might be a long shot, but I am wondering if anyone on this forum has personal experience with any church management software?  Our church has been using MemberPlus for the membership/donation records and QuickBooks for the accounting.  The church has more or less out-grown MemberPlus, and we are looking for a software that can be accessed from anywhere with online access via  a tablet, phone or computer so the staff has constant access to members' addresses, phone numbers and personal information. 

We are looking at ACS, which has an integrated accounting module.  What I have seen on-line from users is kind of a mixed bag; some love it and some hate it.  I was hoping that some of you on this forum might have used it, or seen reports from it, and have some idea of how difficult it is to learn and whether to not it does a good job.  TIA.

I am now and have been for a 7 year stint earlier my church's treasurer. We use PowerChurch and have for many years. Recently they did come out with an online version as well but we do not use it as our budget isn't quite big enough.

It is, in my opinion, quite good and has capabilities beyond what we can even use as our membership is not so large. The modules are membership, accounting, contributions, events, record keeping which includes equipment inventory, music library, education library and sermon filer. A big plus is an online user forum that has proved invaluable.

Our church was using Elexio, but the office is now transitioning to Fellowship One. I don't know all the reasons behind the decision, but I trust the judgment of the staff members and administrative pastor who made the decision.

We've also been using Planning Center Online for scheduling, music, teaching, and volunteer assignments, which I think is a fantastic resource. PCO also doubles as a membership database apart from its scheduling capabilities.

Our church uses ACSTechnologies at the strong suggestion of our Diocese (Episcopal), but I'm only the assistant treasurer who pays bills online via our bank and has no access to the software.  Our treasurer and another assistant who does the bookkeeping use ACS.  It is designed for churches.  The monthly fee entitles us to support, and the treasurers have been happy with the support as well as happy with how it creates exactly what we are required to report to our Diocese.