ATX Community

ATX Rep offers a 10 % discount

Lee B

My ATX Sales Representative just called me and said he was authorized to offer me a 10 % discount

if I renewed today. I will wait to January. He told me that their top priority was to fix the Server Retry issue.

Snicker snicker....  Not holding my breath.

My private practice suffered thousands of dollars of lost business in 2012 and 2013 due to my inability to prepare timely in 2012. ATX and CCH have yet, actually taken responsibility for the snafu of 2012 and refuse to talk about it. 

I am having serious consideration of changing my private practice for 2014.  The firm will stick with ATX because of several factors.

For me, I have refused to talk to any sales people for all of the above mentioned reasons.  Even at the ATX Forum in Chicago in July, denial and unwillingness to talk about the damage done is quite disconcerting.  A 10% discount is an insult to my professionalism, especially as a long term client, and one that believed what they said after 2012 fiasco.

There are still several major flaws from 2012 not dealt with in 2013.  Supposedly, "...we now have a stable operating program and will be working on the items that make the program easier and faster to use..."  (Insert major eye roll here.)

• Like 1

I had a quite enjoyable talk with a caller from CCH.  Actually, he was one of the original employees from Caribou and a nice polite gentleman.  He didn't push me on anything; only make suggestions for things that I should look at.  We DID discuss 2012 and he was not defensive in any way.  I told him that they need to talk to and be available to us like they used to be in Maine and he said that is one of their goals; to have more comradeship with the users of their products.  He was aware of the rate at which my business has increased from year to year and had some good ideas for me to think about.  No pushing, much agreement and a very pleasant conversation.  I am keeping an open mind; but this is the other side of the coin. :unsure:  P.S.  He called me.

• Like 2

​Well, of course, they are being sued. I can well imagine their reticence to discuss the 2012 product. If they are offering the discount now their sales likely have taken a hit since it normally applies to folks who renew early on.

This is not the first time that they have extended the discount to prior year users.  When I talked to the rep, we DID discuss 2012 and I DID tell him that I had minimal problems; and the reasons why I thought that was the case.  There are at least minimal problems every year with every software.  We need to stop beating a dead horse and move on; either to different software or to confidence in ATX.

We need to stop beating a dead horse and move on; either to different software or to confidence in ATX.

So I should just forget the thousands of dollars in business that their incompetent programmers cost me in 2012 AND 2013?  This, despite the words from them that "...making the program stable and usable for our customers..." was to be priority?

Forgive me, I have been told so many fables from CCH that I do not trust their words any more.  Even at the CCH forum in July, there was indifference to anyone using ATX and much attention being given to TaxWise.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me a third time and I need to be publically flogged.  I have been fooled 3 times, and for my personal business, I am SERIOUSLY considering other options.

• Like 1

So I should just forget the thousands of dollars in business that their incompetent programmers cost me in 2012 AND 2013?  This, despite the words from them that "...making the program stable and usable for our customers..." was to be priority?

Forgive me, I have been told so many fables from CCH that I do not trust their words any more.  Even at the CCH forum in July, there was indifference to anyone using ATX and much attention being given to TaxWise.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me a third time and I need to be publically flogged.  I have been fooled 3 times, and for my personal business, I am SERIOUSLY considering other options.

I said that you should move on to different software if you have lost confidence in ATX.  After all, Jack, you were the chief of cheerleaders in 2012 and 2013; pretty much telling us that everything would be OK.  As a standalone operator, everything has been mainly satisfactory for me. :dunno:  

I said that you should move on to different software if you have lost confidence in ATX.  After all, Jack, you were the chief of cheerleaders in 2012 and 2013; pretty much telling us that everything would be OK.  As a standalone operator, everything has been mainly satisfactory for me. :dunno:  

My experiences for 2013 fell WAY short of what was promised.  I got fooled 3 times, and won't be fooled again.  I seriously doubt that the current flaws in 2013 will be fixed.  This will be in direct opposition to what I was told by top management at CCH.  Call it sour grapes, it is worse.  Did I mention that I was only offered the standard discount for my 2013 software?  Maybe "betrayed" is the better description of what I am feeling.

I was a major cheerleader and did push for people to use ATX for 2013.  That was the third time I was fooled by believing them, even when they spoke the words directly to my face, person to person.

Now they are singing the same songs again.  I am sometimes reluctant to post due to the way I fell for their very well orchestrated lines and actions.