ATX Community

Gift to my client employees (ACA related)

ILLMAS

I am thinking of putting in a slip of paper in my client's W-2 envelope for 2014 to remind them to bring/request their Form 1095-A, B, and C when they see their tax preparer.  This is what I am thinking of putting in:

Don't forget to bring in or request Form 1095 from the Marketplace, Employer or Private Insurance Company.

Form 1095-A (Health Insurance Marketplace Statement) will be provided by the Marketplace if you bought insurance through them.

Form 1095-B (Health Coverage) will be provided by employer or private insurance company.

Form 1095-C (Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage) will be provided by marketplace, employer or insurance company.

Medicaid recipients will should request Form 1095 if not provided.

Don't have insurance coverage, you might be subject to a penalty *

Contact your employer, marketplace or health insurance provider for more information or * make an appointment with your tax preparer.

What do you think?

MAS

Too broad, and therefore incorrect.

2014 tax year, only 1095-A will be issued.

2015 1095-A will be issued from the marketplace.  All insurers will send 1095-B.  Only employers with 100 or more full time, or equivalent, workers are required to send 1095-C

2016 1095-A will be issued from the marketplace.  Insurers will send 1095-B.  Only employers with 50 or more full time, or equivalent, workers are required to send 1095-C

The 1095-C should be sent with employee's W-2 for 2015 & later.

In addition, people with Medicaid will not receive a 1095.  People eligible for Medicaid are exempt from having to have insurance.

Edited by Jack from Ohio
  • Like 1

Too broad, and therefore incorrect.

2014 tax year, only 1095-C will be issued.

2015 1095-A will be issued from the marketplace.  All insurers will send 1095-B.  Only employers with 100 or more full time, or equivalent, workers are required to send 1095-C

2016 1095-A will be issued from the marketplace.  Insurers will send 1095-B.  Only employers with 50 or more full time, or equivalent, workers are required to send 1095-C

The 1095-C should be sent with employee's W-2 for 2015 & later.

I thought that for 2014 it was only the 1095A that would be issued.  Do I have that wrong?  I hate remembering form numbers.