ATX Community

how do you print to PDF in 2014 atx

ljwalters

I found the ATX pdf printer to make relatively large files.  I have used pdf995 with great success in the past (once installed,  you choose it as the printer).  Smaller files, other nice features too.

Me, too! I've used PDFSuite995 for years. I usually buy every few years to get the newest version. But there are a lot of great inexpensive pdf tools out there and I may be switching to one of them after checking them out this summer.

• Like 1

The other alternative is to purchase a new and fully registerable Adobe Acrobat that is a couple of revisions out of date, off of ebay.  I've done that, too, and gotten completely functional software for less than 20% of original retail price.  I do NOT care if the version is old, because I use only a small portion of the program as it is, and those bits don't change from version to version. 

• Like 1

I'm still happily using PDFactory, which was, a long time ago, given to us from ATX.  I upgraded to the full version for a small fee, and have never needed anything else.  I now have the full Adobe, because when my son gave me a new laptop for Christmas, two years ago, he put it on.  But I don't think I've used it but once!