ATX Community

Client Letter-Amended Return in ATX

Patrick Michael

I prepared an amended return but cannot get the client letter to change the language to reflect the amended return.  It reads as if it is the original return.  I have looked through the letter options and do not see anything relating to an amended return and tried deleting and adding the letter to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Patrick, I was unable to get the 2014 letter to handle an amended return and print the mailing address.  First time I've had that problem, and I know you've been here awhile, too.  I finally gave up.  Decided my client couldn't read anyway, and that's why I had to do an amended return.

• Like 4

This is all due to that new feature in Preference Communications where you tell ATX to make the letter always say one thing. Turns out they did such a bad job of implementing it that you can't override in the individual clients. C'mon ATX. It's not that hard!

I won't be happy until there is a paper file letter option.

• Like 1

Patrick, I was unable to get the 2014 letter to handle an amended return and print the mailing address.  First time I've had that problem, and I know you've been here awhile, too.  I finally gave up.  Decided my client couldn't read anyway, and that's why I had to do an amended return.

Rita, just have to tell you how much I love your posts!   Your humor always brightens my day!

• Like 3