ATX Community

"Unexpected Error Program Needs to Close"? Try this!

Abby Normal

I did not install the beta test version,

Call tech support.  Be obnoxious till the "customer service" person connects you to a tech.  There is a function inside the program that should only be set to once a day that is happening once an hour.  I do not remember where that setting was, but if you do get to a real tech, it can be changed.

• Like 1

You're talking to the least obnoxious person on earth, you know. Might as well tell me to not be a smart ass.

Honest to God - I am not timid in the least sense.  But I always try to give folks the benefit of the doubt.  And I always try to put pressure on the folks where it most belongs.  And Momma always said, if you can't say something nice, shut up!  (Momma had some of that tough love thing of her own, even before the book was written.)

That said - Rita, could you swing your tough love club on tech support for me? :)  ............................................I will still love you if you say no.

• Like 2

Honest to God - I am not timid in the least sense.  But I always try to give folks the benefit of the doubt.  And I always try to put pressure on the folks where it most belongs.  And Momma always said, if you can't say something nice, shut up!  (Momma had some of that tough love thing of her own, even before the book was written.)

That said - Rita, could you swing your tough love club on tech support for me? :)  ............................................I will still love you if you say no.

Not obnoxious does not mean timid. Jesus threw a premeditated fit in the temple that day. Made a whip. And I respect Him to the utmost. You, too. But, yeah, I can whack them in tech support, no problem.

• Like 1

Getting TO tech support is the issue.  All the "customer service" people that take the calls think they can look up the answer and fix it.  Last call I made, over a month ago, took 45 minutes of talking to get transferred to the tech department.  Took tech department 8 minutes to fix the problem.  CCH does not yet get it.

• Like 3

Getting TO tech support is the issue.  All the "customer service" people that take the calls think they can look up the answer and fix it.  Last call I made, over a month ago, took 45 minutes of talking to get transferred to the tech department.  Took tech department 8 minutes to fix the problem.  CCH does not yet get it.

We ought to be able to get a designation as being the type of users who only call when it's serious. You know they get tons of calls about letters and text fields being too small to type in what they wanted to type in and other such nonsense. They can shunt them to the babysitters and free us up to go to straight to tech support.

We ought to be able to get a designation as being the type of users who only call when it's serious. You know they get tons of calls about letters and text fields being too small to type in what they wanted to type in and other such nonsense. They can shunt them to the babysitters and free us up to go to straight to tech support.

Kerri (now the total big wig for ATX) promised us this 3 years ago, 2 years ago and last year.  So much for Customer Service. CCH still does not get it. 

Those of us that complain have been designated as "...a small subset of our customers..." and "...we cannot change company policies just to suit a 'small subset of our customers.'"