ATX Community

"Oh About"

mrichman333

A new customer comes in today, he's in his early 70's and still works.  He drives a lot to job sites, I ask him how many miles he drove for business.  He replies "Oh about...."

I ask if he has other business expenses, he says he has a cell phone just for work, I ask how much did you spend, he says "Oh about...:

He said he subscribes to professional magazines and spends "oh about..."

He was missing his SS statement so I ask him if he knows what is monthly payments is, he says Oh about....

And there were several other "Oh about"

So how does someone get to the 70's and still are not able to get it together.  I could expect "Oh about" form a 18 year old, but this man has been a professional business person for longer then I'vee been alive.

• Like 5

I am "Oh About" in my seventies and I have days like that.  For instances; I have been searching two days for my extra office key which my assistant gave back to me.  I put it somewhere so I would remember where it was.  It is definitely "Oh about" somewhere. :wacko:

• Like 6

I think, but I do not know this for sure or from experience :), but I think 70 is the age of passage and license to the "oh, about" thing. I would probably put on his return the exact numbers that he says "oh about" and you will probably be as close or closer to reality than numbers you put on some other returns.

• Like 4