ATX Community

Form 1041 Trust

TAG

Assuming you mean distribute all income via the K1?

They changed this feature in the software. Last year you would attribute income as Beneficiary or Fiduciary income on every input screen pretty much.

The Beneficiary's K1 needs to add up to 100%.

The time I had to call them, I had Capital Gains not rolling over and there is a feature to attribute that on the Schedule D page - very last lines of the page.

Otherwise, it's been my experience that the type of trust will determine this.

Under Income, Deductions and Credit you can override entries - not a fan of that.

• Like 1

Catherine,

Sure, glad to help.

1.  Assets / Sale tab;

2.  D2;

3.  Part III Beneficiaries boxes.

I'm still not liking "Data Entry".  I couldn't find this.  I think that Drake's 1041 needs to be made better, 

• Like 1

2012 just about did me in, too.  Took the leap and frankly, when I go back to ATX (that I loved SO much) for whatever reason (lots of that this year with 3115 issues - all my notes are in the program as comments) I find the format is not as wonderful as memory makes it, and I am astounded at how long it takes for some portions to load - and that is NOT with the 2012 program!

• Like 2

Now that I'm in my third year with Drake, I don't think I could tolerate the agonizing slowness of a program such as ATX. My priorities have completely changed thanks to Drake, and (second only to reliabllity) speed is at the absolute top of the list. Speed - more profit. But one doesn't appreciate this fact until they have experienced it first hand.

• Like 3